August 2nd - overhead workout, fighting humidity
01.08.2026
Rest day. Went for a nice walk - the usual hill-crossing, bought new boots. My ankle bothered me on the way there but not on the way back, just like that one other time. The new boots are nice, they should match my outfit. Cheap too! I know, I know. The expensive ones I bought were an extreme impulsive purchase. The winter ones back in 2022, the ones that the medic accidentally tried to steal. They kept chafing me, so I wore my Russian size 46s. They look very comfortable but apparently I forgot that they are loose on the inside. They are, however, so much more comfortable to walk in compared to the winter ones! And the ones - well, I should stretch them out after a while, just like the shirt. I also wore that longsleeve - it was nice in this climate.
02.08.2026
Discovery of the century - my right wrist is smaller than my wrist. It is genuinely surprising. It's almost a centimeter smaller. And they're both about a centimeter smaller than they were ten years ago. What the heck? I need to get back to doing a lot of grip. My right hand uses the mouse and I don't jerk off with it. It probably has blood supply cut off. I probably had my wrists more even when I played guitar and drums... No more. I have to get back to it.
I was feeling honestly amazing today. But the weather is super hot and humid. I'm sweating in that very special way when it's humid, a very slow layered sweating. I'm not dripping but I think I'm even losing fat when I'm sweating now.
Warmup very long. Right wrist still hurts. Don't like it. I might have to take a small step back for a while so I can heal the scratch on my left wrist and the "punched" right wrist. It was okay last week, too okay! I became strong, I heal my old inabilities and then I flew too close to the sky, too careless.
Workout
Overhead press, pushpress, high pull, power clean, front squats
20 - 40 - 50 - a complete mess of everything, the weather's really taking me out
70 - 3 high pulls, 3 nice cleans and one front squat or the ugliest variety because of how long I managed to sit in it and NOT drop the bar, a break, then three really ugly presses
It started raining, a little cooler, then the rain subsided
70 - 3 presses feeling awful, then 3 jumps feeling nicer (just jumps), 3 presses again much better, good air
Contemplating making today a bench workout so I can have OHP / PP after tomorrow, heh.
70 - 3 presses, 4 jumps, 90 - 3 presses - easy for muscle but not in the groove.
This new experimentation with "weightlifting style accessory press" has been putting a lot of weird strain on my middle backbone. I need to work and think on that.
90 - 3 presses, 3 jumps, 100 - 3 presses very wacky, still doing the "upright". In short the issues today and for the foreseeable future are probably going to be caused by my wrist. Doing more pumping with it. Genuinely I should learn to be more "ambidextrous" when it comes to one-handed activities... A good advice for any lifter. For example I can't wipe my ass very easily with my left, but okay with right - scoliosis. Cause or effect, they're entangled together.
70 and 90 - 3 pushpresses
113 for 1 - somewhat awkward but I think I'm discovering the issue. I'm supposed to have a different grip angle with my right hand. I have a grip AS IF I had my thumb on the bar - a lot of strain goes right into that thumb-wrist angle rather than the front of the wrist. I gripped it like that and it was hovering but I did one nice PP.
I still feel like a piece of jelly in this weather, additionally my mother is upsetting me by being an emotional vampire and bringing up how her current husband hurt me. She wants to use me to hurt him and I don't want to talk to her. Maybe I will be spiteful when I leave lol, but at least I'll be spiteful for a significantly less fundamental reason.
113 for 1 - strange, I kinda like how I'm doing it although I was unable to lower the bar now, could not lower it without dropping the forearms. Hm.
73 - 3 pushpresses with breaks in between, focusing on doing that correct rack and it feels very good; the "SPOON" into your neck, the best I can describe it. As if you were trying to feed yourself the bar lol. But it doesn't go into your mouth.
A couple sets of jumps in between these PPs - feeling great, lovely leg power.
The technique is not that crazy. You just look at the weightlifters and do what they do. Me, I'm fixing my very random mistakes, that's what I'm doing.
Jumps - another set of jumps, but this time from a tall box - the vertical standing one on top of the pillow one. The range feels somewhat equivalent to the push!
A while later
Ring pulls (feet on floor) - 2 sets, one more vertical another more diagonal - fulfilling my plans to tone up the back.
Also I tried doing the dip hold on the rings, straight arms - it's doable, stood in the air for a second a couple times.
RPotD - Thumer Spieldose (Weihnachtsmotiv)
_(9).jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment