July 11th - Another daytime switch - morning workout; goalless but satisfactory - OHP, PP, jumping

 11.07.2026

Reminder from the 5th-6th: focus more on a good overhead lockout.

***

Alright. I've again switched to daytime, if you can call it that. I only had a 52 hour break between the end of the last session and the start of this one.

Man, I'm still fascinated by how I felt during that 213 set on DL before yesterday.

So. Doing some very basic warmup and I'm wondering. I told some beginner guy on yt not to stretch before DL cause he was definitely doing too much. And I myself wonder what exactly I might be doing wrong in my overhead warmups.

Workout

Warmup - wall pushup, L-flys, some overhead stick stretches - only some!, some dynamic front rack rotations/catches with the stick; parallettes - some pushup variations and holds, surprising crunchy pain in my fibers - might be dehydrated a little.

I sort of splurged madly and ordered a fuckton of groceries... Last couple days I've been eating rather poorly. I don't have a good feeling about the lastitude of these groceries though lol. I think I gotta stash some milk for myself, just for my stomach.

Got them, put them away, some more pushup variations, overhead dynamic twitching, dumbbell forearm rotations - feels kinda good, at least a tiny bit. Some overhead rubber.

Workout

20 kg bar - 2 sets of Overhead holds, OHP, PP, rotations/catches, muscle and high pulls, power cleans, front squat, back squat. Front squat feels kinda nice although legs aren't limber.

Not trying to squat deep right now - because you can't do it in the right technique with just 20 kgs. Interesting stuff, I've noted it before

Small break, went upstairs, it's hellishly sweaty - well, I do have my window covered with a blanket lol.

40 - 3 presses, 3 PPs, rotations with the bar on the rack, muscle/high pulls, power cleans, front squats - about 5 or 6, back squats

63 - 8 presses, 3 PPs, somehow forgot about pulls and cleans, front squats with the hovering bar, back squats

Carving out some space just for the OHP here.

83 - 8 presses - I love how smooth it feels but I'm pressing it too slowly, not enough impulse. It's fully vertical a-la modern day accessory OHP in Olympic weightlifting. Midback is tweaking a little - weird, cause I don't remember hurting it in any significant way.

It's a morning workout and I'm happy to report I don't have that typical "morning sluggishness" which occurs when I switch to daytime. Why? I'd love to know, but either way I'm glad to feel good.

83 - 8 presses - better but still kinda slow-ish in the end, not powerful. BUT I am focusing on the lockout with the back!

88 - 8 presses - very nice! I kinda love how my OHP evolved. I don't think I ever in my life has done an 8 rep set in OHP with such ease and stability. Feels amazing.

Some messing around as I loaded the three 10s off the bar and put on 15s and 20s.

Back to other exercises, with the apex being the Pushpress

93 - 3 pushpresses kinda lame, 2 separate front squats forcing myself into full rack (a lot of pain), 5 back squats with some pain - I seem to have shin splints on my right legs, oh so silly.

103 - 3 pps lame

103 - 2 pps a little less lame but painful. I REALIZED I'll have a better rack if I load more 😁

113 - 3 PPs - better!

118 - 3

Some JUMPING here focusing on using my calves

123 - 3 - not bad but I gotta admit I'm rather aimless today. HOWEVER if I got shown these results a couple months ago I'd be very happy. It just that I've been awake for almost twelve hours at this point... I started having my first coffee at around 5:30 and now it's 12:32.

I need better CNS and better legs. Today was not a waste. My rack is good and I learned I need around 110 kgs to have it somewhat comfortable. Chemerkin could only have a good front rack on 260!

Squat - quarter squat in the power rack and explosive calf raise (but trying to keep it smooth)

123 - one set, didn't count, very awkward

123 for 10 better

123 for 10 nice. I have a very nice depth in squat just from opening up my thighs, it's a powerful move.

Outside, after a break

10 jumps trying to reach the fir branch - pretty hard

3 more jumps - exhausted

Today was a nice workout. I avoided the weird feeling with the low blood pressure but I ended up with an extremely long and fatiguing workout AND I had no plan what to work on - because the previous OHP workout was so good, a seasonal PR.

BUT I worked on my strict accessory-style Press, on my front rack, on my jumps and on my pushing with the jumps and the quarter squat.

Did not work on squat itself today because of the weird shin splint.

You know, after some time I randomly decided I want to upload today's peak set as well.


RPotD

Thespis, Opera

Thespis - You're Diana I'm Apollo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR