July 31st - Satisfactory DL 258 5 sets of 4, improved tempo in the set, recovery problems, back tweak
31.07.2026
Oh man, I wanna have a good deadlift today. I slept okay, and ate okay too even though I had no appetite. I made a pretty bomb pasta yesterday, everyone ate it way too quickly and that's pretty much the only major meal I had yesterday. Yesterday was a weird day. I've been a little too obsessed with that lemon coffee I've been having. I really wanted to write but I just couldn't. Fell asleep at a normal numan time (yay 😁) and my stomach hurt so much I stumbled downstairs and forced some rather random slop into my stomach as well as a tiny bit of that leftover pasta. Just a tiny amount; then I struggled with sleep apnea a little bit and flushed my nose a bunch of times until I figured to take a different sleeping position and I managed to fall asleep.
I think I'll be gone and going by the end of August. I gotta go, man, I just need it, I need my freedom and my fun and the challenge that I set up for myself! That challenge is an interesting one, maybe I'll write about it more later.
I think I should be able to do some nice writing today. I bought George Saunders' book - "A Swim in a Pond in the Rain" - and it's very interesting, super stimulating for me.
***
I'm supposed to do 4s. I had one conventional - it's been almost two hours since I started drinking it. Wrote something, that's nice.
I did not really plan my DL for today. I'm not sure what I need to do. BUT I have a very good feeling about 4s. That's right, I do. Heh heh heh.
Workout
Deadlift
20 - 70
Did some unusual hip extender kneeling stretches on the small box-pillow
120 for 4
163 for 4 DOHG
183 for 4 DOHG
203 for 4 DOHG
233 for 4 faster than ever AND with reset/dynamic start, mixed grip! 😀 It's really nice. My muscle cells don't feel particularly swollen with nutrients but I feel very good! Drinking a lot of water. Wearing my rather expensive UV-resistant jersey for the second time - I think it's helping with the heat and sweating, although thankfully it's not that hot today 😁 It's 3:16 PM now. I took a while since I had my first coffee... my, but that coffee was good I tell you.
258 for 4 - lovely! First three reps as fast as the previous set, mixed grip; you could even say a little messy cause of how much I was hurrying. The fourth rep with straps, kinda slow but sure enough. And I'm not even really warmed up yet! Let's see if the warmup is close...
258 for 4 messy - skin gave out after two mixed grip reps, one with straps that caused me to feel something weird in my liver area - just pressure, reset and took another one, nice and smooth - that one was good. The sleeves on the shirt help protect my wrist scar from the straps.
258 for 4 messy - all reps in straps, but I keep having these weird liver colics. It's got to do something with my new lemon coffee obsession as well as possibly the fact that I didn't eat enough in the morning.
258 for 4 - much better! Feels amazing to fix my mistakes. I put on Manowar because I think death metal stresses me out too much nowadays. I focused on using my belly well, BIG BELLY! I filmed myself - helps accountability. I took a long enough break - blood washing better. Did three reps, it was hard but I didn't have to stand up and unwrap; the fourth one - I stood over it, trying to ascertain, superstitious - but I went ahead and caught the moment and pulled it well even if slow! Now for at least one more, taking my time again...
258 for 4 - messy, kinda lame. Three okay reps but I tweaked my back a little on the third and had to wait a while and get my shit together and then did a nice 4th rep. Okay!
This is the kinda workout that hopefully makes you focus on important things... In my case - food. I just don't fucking eat enough. Funny, isn't it? No, I don't.
It's also possible I took way too long before that final set. About 25 minutes... that was not the case with the previous ones. The 4th set was at 16:02 and the 5th at 16:29, and the previous were about 10-15 minutes. Hm. Just standardize it better? It will work. At least for a while, lol.
Taking a break, letting my back relax. Yesterday I did some pretty weird foot stretching / flexing. The outside of the foot... I think I did stretch it right but the overall stress might have been just a little excessive.
Barbell DOHG holds
160 - 3 sets, from short to longer. The back tweak is bugging me but it's been a high time I had a wake up call about my recovery.
It got better in the evening.
Also, rereading some older posts - I need to focus on speed past my knees and on the lockout again, I've been way too lazy again. Can't wait for next week. I think I'll take 6 or 7 😉 days this time, not five and a half.
RPotD - Temporary barrier across footpath at Redlands Farm
A classic geograph.co.uk pic heh.

Comments
Post a Comment