July 23rd - Nice Bench press triples
23.07.2026
Nice day. Mood bad, angry. Ate okay, slept good.
Had one conventional 35/420, one cup of "oldschoolio" instant coffee, a half-full metal cup. You know, I boil it in the cup and then add stuff.
Warmup - mostly just wall pushups. This wasn't enough to limber up my right wrist but it was good enough for everything else!
Bench press
20 - 40
70 - 90 - 110 - 130 for 12 - just like I wanted, big warmup
160 for 3 kinda lame, did't set up well
153 for 3 good
153 for 3 machine
158 for 3 hard but good technique
158 for 3 strict but hard
160,5 for 3 much stronger than the first set, great power curve here 😁 I SHOULD try to do "jumping" pushups! Just like normal jumps improved my Squat lockout they should do the same!
I've done this kind of workout many times before. Start with a weight that's a little too heavy, usually FAIL at it - didn't fail this time BUT I really didn't like the technique / speed on the first set of 160 - then slowly work up and FIX it. I need one more set though, yes I do sir!
160,5 for 3 - lovely, even better! 😃
113 for 3 right after - focusing on explosiveness
113 for 3
70 for 3
20 for 3
Some OHP as I put away the bar.
That's it. I'm gonna have a workout *today* since it's already 24th lol.
RPotD - Bear Creek in Lair o' the Bear Park, Jefferson County open space

Comments
Post a Comment