July 15th - OHP, PP, Jumps - medium-light workout
15.07.2026
So, I guess I'm not resting today. Figures, I've done way too little yesterday!
Despite living as a "daytimer" and waking up early I couldn't fall asleep until almost 2 AM. Woke up around 6 or 7 😉 feeling sharp.
Wasn't too hungry but I was surprised to realize the amount of leftovers I left myself from yesterday's breakfast amounted to a couple tiny pieces of meat and onion and some poorly cooked plov that was spoiled on top of that. Had some meat, ate it, feeling weird - both not hungry and not fully satisfied... It's got something to do with my buzzing, sharpened CNS. Perhaps "sharpened" isn't the best word, more like "flexed", "tight". Exactly like muscle. In tone. Sadly it doesn't mean I'm in a highly functional state BUT I might be in a highly functional state for other reasons.
I wanna have a weightlifting style workout today. Decide exactly what I'll lift in OHP and PP and add weightlifting to it.
***
I've been doing a lot of critiquing. But I really wanna write. And I *need* to work out. I shall figure out a way to combine the two in a healthy way.
***
I did some warmup and charged up my language center by listening and reading to the first two chapters of Penrod and Sam and I went to refresh my memory on chapter 8 and whoo boy I gotta tell you it's a long one. HOW do I manage it? So much stuff stuffed, so much compared to the stuff I read on RDR. Hm. BUT, a good thing - now my brain is so very well primed. I had one 25 grams coffee and one 29 with 1 to 14 proportion on accident.
Alright! Wrote 500 words of the first episode in ch9rw4.
Workout
Warmup - long, a lot, very gentle wrist stretching and flexing, pushup variations
Overhead press and other exercises
20 - presses, muscle pulls, power cleans, front squats
40 - same, feeling kinda good, including some Squat Cleans! 😀
I think I should do Front Squats SEPARATE from Back Squats. I.E. not do them with all that.
60 - a whole lot of power cleans and squat cleans, struggling with my hand skin I tore yesterday. 5 presses from the clean, then 5 presses from the rack and did the "ressort" - I'm no longer musclebound enough for it! You can't do the "ressort" when you have good overhead mobility and you're thin.
83 - 3 front squats, 5 presses with a "W"-style front rack - feels good, very powerful!
88 - 5 presses
I'm starting to remember than not all sessions are meant to be heavy lol. But I do feel SOMETHING. It's there, in the background. It might not show itself today but I feel it.
Jumps - dips and from the box - finding a use for them! Also I dropped 83 on them from one failed front squat.
88 - 5 more presses, wacky, not wearing sleeves, jumps from the box and bumping the ass against it
88 - 3 pushpresses, then a lot more jumps, having a lot of fun 😀 If you raise your arms during it you fly way higher!
88 - 3 pushpresses, then a lot of jumps, fun variations - touch and go, from the box, with arms a-la PP
88 - 3 pushpresses - so very good and smooth, finally feeling right... Too bad I decided it was enough for today 😁 Then a lot more Jumps, this time with a 10 kg plate! Full blown thrusters. Some without it, for a breather. I think I did around 20. Shoulders pumped, lungs activated.
I'm getting sweaty and shiny. It's the kinda sweat you get during weather like that... I really better work out in the evening. I think I will be able to pull it off with my Bench after tomorrow and DL either on 19th or 20th. 19th does make a lot of sense since I'm having this workout today! I'm kinda loving it, the jumps and all, and how I *managed* to feel OK in the end on OHP and then PP.
Jumps - this time with a 7 kg medball, a lot of fun! I did some slamming too onto the other soft box, it bounced very high.
That's about it. I might do some very light kind of gymnastics but the rest of today and tomorrow is nothing but rest. Well, I might do some prehab.
RPotD - Aerial photo of Castle Maus, St. Goarshausen, Germany

Comments
Post a Comment