July 13th - Bench and hip prehab

 13.07.2026

Nice day. Woke up early, appetite okay. Read and wrote, finished ch8rw4. Had a couple coffees. Gonna bench.

Workout

Warmup

Wall pushups - a lot, wrist very stiff. Parallettes - mini-pushups in the half-stretches position, strong grip - very nice warmup

Bench

20 - 40 - 60

80 - 110

120 for 5

130 for 5

140 for 5 lovely. I "took the slack out" of the bar on this one too. I pressed it 50% and the unrack was very easy! I couldn't even wait for the next set

150 for 5 lovely, so very easy 😀 Then a small break

150 for 5 harder

150 for 5 a little better. I noted I lift on my wrists, right over the butt of the palm. I think I had a full grip on the previous ones. ALSO it's kinda not "wide grip" today - it's the pinky grip.

150 for 5 hard but done well. I think I'm kind of doing a bit of an arm press more so than bench... Those first sets - 140 and 150 - were pretty amazing, and the rest was nice. Success!

90110 for 5 - trying to control the speed but it's surprisingly hard as I did it right after the prevous one.

Scratch that, it wasn't hard, it was 110 😁

110 for 5 much better, got that "groove" again and realized it's 110 lol.

Unloaded the bar.

Overhead press a-la Bradford press (normal and behind head), wide grip, Olympic fix - one set with 20

I realized I actually have my DL TOMORROW. Crazy!

Yesterday sort of disappeared. I tried to write but couldn't. I woke up very early and ended up walking around half-dizzy all day, went to bed at 8. The plight of switching to daytime. Well, actually I think it might not have been that bad... But I definitely have such a weird feeling about yesterday not having anything happen.

I watch Licis talking about tendon health and how they benefit from a lot of high-rep work (not necessarily pumping!) cause they don't have their own blood supply like muscle does and they absorb it from free-flowing blood. I have a spot that needs work.

Thigh squeezes with the thingy - 100 reps on first set, didn't count afterwards

Light rubber folded in three around feet - side steps and kickbacks

Did 4 supersets of those two exercises (and the next one too but I started it after the first set)

Rolling the big yoga ball with one foot in all sorts of ways - 5 sets. Left one is more stable to stand on, but right one isn't bad either. In the end I tried doing a one legged quarter squat - left hip has problems with that. Well, that's what I'm working on today!

In the end I discovered a few interesting variations of one-legged squat with the other leg resting on the ball, either with the inner thigh or the knee. Left hip got better!

Who knew a yoga ball - in my case one covered in pimples - could be such a useful rehab item! Never underestimate the stuff the girls like to do lol.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

RPotD - big coffee bean



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR