July 4th-5th (and technically 6th) - a warmup day, then Overhead day

 04.07.2026

Physical culture stuff, a "warmup day"

Wall pushups - at least three sets

Parallettes - 4 sets of various kinds of pushups with feet or knees on the floor, STRICTLY explosive - no stretching at the bottom. There was some stretching but it was separate; the goal was to try and make my tissues a little more springy, so I used very light loads/angles and only did accelerated, high-tempo springy movements.

In those 4 sets I've also done the knee/hamstring/ankle stretches - kneeling stretches, with feet on balls of foot as well as the upper side of the foot on the floor. It was quite painful but tolerable. HERE I did stretch it, slowly but gently, but I also applied the principles from above and made it dynamic and springy.

05.07.2026

Nice day. Slept okay. No appetite but I ate okay too. Today's OHP.

Been feeling calm. I've done some physical culture stuff yesterday.

The creativity is kind of stuffed deep back inside of my head. I have what I need to write/rewrite but it'll take some effort to dig it out.

Emotions: tumultous but calming, churning slowly like a freshly made icecream, going thicker and thicker.

I do so remember how I was looking forward to today! And now my brain's been filled with visions of extremely heavy DLs once again due to my last workout!

But no. There's been a time when overhead lifts were my number one thing. I'm gonna bring it back and NOT slack on DLs. DLs are my number one thing in general, I have to admit. I've progressed the most in them - comparative to the "norm" of an average lifter.

Workout

Warmup - wall pushups, some stuff on parallettes - mostly stretching, gentle and dynamic

Overhead press / Push press / Front squat / Back squat

20 - as well as some high pulls, catches, cleans

43 - 2 presses, 3 pushpresses, 3 muscle pulls, 3 high pulls, 3 power cleans, 1 front squat, 10 back squats

63 - 2 presses, 3 pushpresses, a whole mess of high pulls and power cleans (about 12 reps of them together - I tried doing alternating ones but got confused), 1 front squat with straps then some stretching and I decided to do a rep with a the hovering rack, then 10 back squats

73 - 3 presses, 3 pushpresses, I think I did 2 separate front squats here as well, 10 squats

153 - a bunch of unracks; not so sure if it was prudent, not sure if it helped me - cause it didn't feel like it right after it

103 - 2 presses from a broken full rack, very painful

103 - 2 presses BETTER, 3 pushpresses, 1 FULL GRIP front squat - PR 😮, 10 squats ATTG some discomfort

113 - 3 pushpresses a little wacky otherwise powerful, ANOTHER full grip front squat (PR!), 10 back squats ATTG that felt kinda very good!

I have - I FEEL - so much power within me! BUT I don't yet have a "tight" chain to send all that power into the bar! No, the middle links are kinda soft and loose. We'll work on that!

118 - 3 pushpresses - kinda painful in right forearm

120,5 - 3 pushpresses - I loved this one; my front rack was good, pushing was good, I was pushing with my calves too! I took a grip that is one finger width has more weight on the left; I have my right pinky on the outer marking and left just beside it.

123 - 3 pushpresses - Lovely! I got Heavy Metal Battlecry by Majesty that I just put on my player earlier; it was banging! I pushed it, I pushed it all real hard and fast and it was good and I shot it up into the sky and I didn't even wait too long cause there was the ending chorus in the song and I decided to pause it and rewind it and go for the next set!

125,5 - 3 pushpresses; this one was kinda funny - first two were perfect and good, great kinetic chain and push but on the third one I got my beard caught under the bar and the third rep turned out scuffed and I didn't do a proper weightlifting lockout, just done locked it out "in front" a-la musclebound 😁 Then I went up here and wrote down the last four sets... Going back down!

128 - 3 pushpresses - all from full rack, all with a decent lockout and I held it overhead and lowered really well! I was superstitious, a little worried, but my Lord Jesus Christ granted me His mercy today! 😃☦

Squat

128 for 3 a little wacky and painful

153 for 3 so much better, great ATTG

153 for 3 a little wacky and unbalanced, fell on my toes on the first set

153 for 3 much better, great tempo

Presses the bar for a few reps - arms and shoulders are *really* tired after all this 😁

Really enjoyed myself, grooved really hard too. Watched Austin Powers - the first movie. It's strange, but this movie has an unusual kind of genuinity, sincerity even though it's a low-brow-ish comedy.

Eventually I'll get to working on my Squat in a real heavy way.

I tagged this one with a "PR" tag for my front squat full grip and, I guess, a nice seasonal PR with the 128 for 3 😁

I decided I want to upload more of anything just for this blog - a video that I'll rather keep in the "linked videos" playlist

I should remind myself to focus more on a good overhead lockout.

RPotD - The Vernon Record Vol. 12, No. 44, Ed. 1 Tuesday, June 15, 1920



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR