June 26th - Nice but uneventful overhead workout, struggling with minor injuries, ranting

 26.06.2026

Nice day. Woke up at a relatively normal time in the morning. Well, not really, but it doesn't matter. Had a nice meal, balanced, even though appetite was low at first. Got close to getting "distracted" yesterday but it's been okay.

Today I have my OHP session. I had a lesson postponed and now it's noon and I have four hours until another lesson. I had a conventional 35/420 and I think I'll have another one soon.

I've been too slow with my writing. Stuck a little bit - unless you count the minor edits/additions I've done on chapters 1 and 2 before yesterday... At think point I don't think I have to point out it's rw4. I should probably consider deleting some of the old notes and combining redundant documents into one...

Workout

Warmup - long, a lot of stretching - wall pushups, stick weightlifting stuff, parts of clean, L-flys (not flies)

Downstairs warmup

Overhead press, bar rotations in rack - both arms and monolateral, muscle high pulls and catches, power cleans, front squats and back squats, and even some squat/goodmorning combos

20 kg - 2 sets

38 kg - 1 set

Then

53 - a few reps of overhead press and then presspush... Not feeling satisfied. Went upstairs for a break

53 - 4 presses and 1 presspush, 2 pushpresses and 1 pushjerk, then 2 front squats and 2 back squats and then I allowed myself 2 power cleans - they felt good

I realize you actually have a very specific ANGLE in which you're supposed to stretch before you can do a good front rack - so I shouldn't expect to be able to do it at the start of the workout

63 - same as previous set but without power cleans

73 - same as 63

83 - 2 sets, same. Front rack not yet there...

93 - 2 presses and 1 presspush, 3 pushpresses THEN a lot of unracks with 133 with hands on the bar and the bar on the shoulders; then one really wacky front squat with 93 and 2 squats

103 for 3 presses and 1 front squat

A small break

103 for 3 presses and 3 messy pushpresses - floating bar front rack. Forearm is acting up! I wonder if I shouldn't have tried to stretch it so much during warmup. If it wasn't in such a tender state I think I would have been there. Last time it was mind blowing how I achieved it. I just need to give it more rest somehow - it hurts even in wrist supports. 😢

And yeah, I spent yesterday rather poorly. I blame daytime living in part... And a bunch of other things.

I've been doing wrist stretching as warmup on my bench day... And I've done squats on the DL day... And I've been living in daytime and not in the evening... So lame. I wanna replace my next bench workout with OHP.

I hate daytime workouts. I've had okay workouts in the morning and during the day, yes. But I feel bad during them. I know I CAN have them - but I feel bad during them. I wish I had a consistent "evening time" lifestyle where I can wake up early enough when I need it but mostly wake up late and have my workouts in the evening.

I had a wrong day yesterday, no recovery, no good food. Just wasted my energy.

I think I'll have moderate singles on my DL day after tomorrow on Sunday. I'll have five singles working up from 250 to 260. Going light would be wrong. And some grip training of course.

I'm not sure what I could do for Bench. I'll think on that when I have a clearer mind.

I've had two very heavy sessions, then I had a rest day on which I barely ate and had otherwise poor recovery... And now I dare complain.

I've had a very good start of the session. I made another mistake in the end when I had to give a lesson and that might have made me cold - although I did one set in the middle of it, just a five minute break. The second one with 83 kgs...

My forearm feels kinda tender even now. I just need to know SOMETHING ELSE about this condition... All I really wanted was to have a nice front rack today again... I guess we'll see the next time - I'll have two sessions that will be less taxing than the ones this training week (my five day week that can stretch up to seven, starts with DL), I'll have much better rest and recovery days, AND I'll train in the evening and I won't have other stuff distracting me, I'll not have overloaded my wrist and forearm on the previous days and I won't be stretching it too much for the warmup. I think - I suspect, for some reason - that my overhead thumb stretch somehow is a bad option. In fact, majority of stretches are not really applicable for my OHP lifting... I HOLD the bar, I don't lift it with a flat palm... Hm.

I'm upset but I'm glad I had a really nice first 3/4ths of the session. Thank God for that, and, well, for everything - everything is a lesson or challenge or His mercy. (I first wrote 'bitter mercy' but removed bitter cause I don't think that word applies lol). Hallelujah! But also, dear reader now YOU pray for me, please! 😶

***

A while later and I'm feeling better. It's amazing that I CAN switch to daytime when I want to though, isn't it? I used not be able to do that at all. I was taking a bunch of melatonin and it was kind of waste of money cause it never really did anything except maybe drive me insane... I keep wondering if melatonin can actually ruin your mood? I feel like it can. Yes, I've heard about that on the news. And recently I was reading this blog from 2022... I wonder what that's all about. And I mock people who are medicated and take SSRIs without a good reason... While I myself was abusing a very strong medicine unprescribed... Oh ho ho.

I don't remember if I was taking it during the contract... I did take it with me, yes, but was I taking it? I don't think I did, no. I probably was taking it in the early days...

Heck, I'm so glad I stopped taking it, because ultimately I realized it doesn't contribute to better sleep at all. Thank God!

As I was saying, I'm kinda feeling better, I'm kinda vibing. It's a problem - my forearm hurting when I bend back my wrist in the front rack - I've encountered it before and I am going to solve it. Equipment helped, yes. I had better rest that day. Let's see if that's what I need, as well as other things such as not leading it and not stretching in specific ways and also having better discipline in everything...

RPotD - Dune di Capocotta 1.jpg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR