June 24th - Bench heavy doubles

 24.06.2026

Nice day. Woke up early, felt good, if a little struck - but it went away. Appetite low, but still had some nice food.

Brain not super focused. Close to being generally distracted (not "distracted"). Yesterday I've done quite a few minor rewrites. I need to ponder.

Workout

Warmup - wall pushups; I note significantly improved flexibility and mobility! A set of wrist and tricep warmups on hands and knees, then pushup static holds and pushup variations - feels very comfortable! I'm looking forward to bench.

Bench press

20 - 40 - 60 - 90

110 for 2

130 for 2 feels really nice, the bar moves really fast

140 for 2 same here

150 for 2

160 for 2 awkward

170 for 2 better

I was a little fearful of injury for no reason whatsoever. God gave me calm!

180 for 1 - a really ugly rep lol - but not extremely slow, not too much struggle. I think the rotated grip - I might have rotated it too much. Went back to normal here, a rather short break

180 for 1 a little better although there was a very pronounced sticking point.

170 for 1, then for 1 again - same situation, a little too messy

170 for 2 - better, some control enabled! Keeping it all together.

170 for 1 - one mediocre rep, failed the second; wrong groove! Not enough control, not enough comfort and confidence. Not that big of a deal but I will need to work on it.

Also, let's be real - it's a little too much "heavy" volume, given yesterday's "heavy-light" singles lol. This isn't heavy light, this is just heavy-medium. Not enough energy and conditioning to make it truly heavy lol... Perhaps in a couple sessions. Next one will be energy accumulation, then... we'll see.

90 - 3 sets of 20 - very wide grip and monkey grip (false, thumbless), lowering it above nipples or even higher for a nice stretch, focusing more off the chest (i.e. shorter reps). That felt amazing, also I enjoyed how easy 90 kg feels, especially compared to the last session when I only did 70.

After watching the video I was a little annoyed to find out I didn't put my elbows directly under the bar on the first set - instead leaned them back so tricep had to do the extra work... It kinda made it look like a wide grip JM press. I think on the second I did it better, more stretching - but that one I did not film lol.

I'm still a little sleepy now, but less so than I was yesterday, by a large margin.

Forward-leaning front rack stretches - very mild, two sets of 30+ seconds, in elbows sleeves - they helped a lot.

Overhead static holds / reaches up to the top of the frame - two sets; also some overhead quarter-squats - they blast my back the most, I got close to cramping. Also I did some bar-rolling overhead and various jumping pullups lol - narrow grip, wide grip, behind the head and in front. This exercise is silly but a lot of fun and it's adjacent to weightlifting.

That's it. Looking forward to *after* tomorrow! Tomorrow we shall, perhaps, have a warmup but that's it. Also I really wanna go and get a haircut at this point, isn't it funny? I feel like I almost wanna dare to ask for a crop top, or something similar to what Steve Lehto got on his head lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR