June 10th - OHP, PP, Front Squat - the definition of a Medium workout

 10.06.2026

It's pretty amazing how I had four rather heavy workout days in a row. Even though I've been feeling really bored a lot of the time it feels like I did my DL days ago. Well, duh, it is literally days ago, but MORE days, that's how it feels.

Heat, annoying heat. In the morning. I woke up at 6 AM after slightly less than six hours of actual sleep, but I think if you relax before sleep that contributes to sleep.

Did some walking yesterday, a tiny bit. I've been somewhat upset with my "most expensive boots" I bought back in 2022, after wearing out my dad's forgotten old trekking boots - oh, how comfortable they were, that's why they wore out quickly I reckon. The "new" boots are size 47 and they perfectly fit the width of my feet, but length wise there's almost an inch of space inside. I've had success with the default insole and a wool sole on top of it. Yesterday I put inside it the peculiar foam insole I purchased recently and it's not perfect. It's almost all comfortable except for movement and chafing, even though I tried to lace it well.

I'll try some new lacing methods I looked up - the one where you skip the middle and go up and down. I'm not sure, but I think that these boots that have the open middle-hooks for laces, that's gotta be exactly the intention.

My daytime self is sort of a very different person than the nighttimer guy. Hard to explain, but I think I might be a normie now. And that means I am an extreme curmudgeon and full of soft "impotent anger" lol. Or, rather, it's not impotent because I'm trying to do anything, I just seem to be getting angry and upset about trivial things and it grates on me and I act rather avoidant and seem to have a rude facade (best I can tell subjectively). Energy has been really flat, low in the evening but still flat.

I had a somewhat nice breakfast. Yesterday I had some insanely calorific pasta I made, the typical mac-and-cheese but it ended up kinda tasteless without the salt - but you could definitely taste the calories. Heck, you could use them for a firestarter lol.

Sweating softly but also annoyed and sticky. The room is as hot as ever in the morning, how silly. Contemplating on the bully/lolcow of the literary forum world that is Jay Greenstein and his advice compared to his writing, looking at his "Wizards" and the mermaid book. That is some very... interesting stuff. Quite the Freudian case.

Either from walking or sleeping weird I got a tight right lower back. Most likely from walking.

***

Managed to get to writing, finally. I've been awake for eight hours and I'm finishing my coffee. I read the Big Sleep a little, it gets really interesting by the end there! Haven't been able to find spacetime to read for a while. But then I did, read and listened to some Penrod as well and that primed me up well enough. I'm going through some creative suffering but I'm managing.

Workout

Warmup - somewhat long, thorough

20 kg bar - a lot of presses, pulls and catches, some front squats. A lot of trying to figure out what is going on with my sides lol.

Overhead press, push press, front squat

43 - 5 presses, 3 pushpresses, 2 front squats

53 - 5 presses, 3 pushpresses, 1 front squat. Here I did front squat in straps rather than holdign the bar over shoulders - it really stretches my hand

63 - 5 presses, 3 pushpresses, 1 front squat - front squat was kinda better than before, I was able to keep it stable!

The price to pay for summer and daytime living is my brain dryness. It's dry and pressure is low. I simply need to sleep a lot more. My writing today is discarded - BUT my brain is primed, I have better knowledge of what I need to write. I almost finished writing ch7rw4 today, you know. A second false finish!

73 - 5 presses, 3 pushpresses, 1 front squat - front squat was good!

83 - 5 presses, 3 pushpresses, 1 front squat - on press I overcorrected my left hand rotation so it looked bad. On PP I felt some tightness in my hips. I need to develop better "wide stance" strength. Front squat was okay.

88 - 5 presses, 3 pushpresses, 1 front squat - good enough, although on squat my right forearm got almost hurt, overstretched. Good? I hope so.

The daytime living isn't as rewarding at this time of year. I slept for only six hours and now I have the typical "not enough sleep but awake" syndrome. Empty, dry brain, low pressure. Please pray for me and for the weather too!

I think I will have a rest day tomorrow - maybe some rehab - and I'll have a nice DL day after tomorrow, triples.

I'm glad I did *some* writing today even though I had to discard it when I realized I got a "dry brain". I still have entered some kind of unique state and discovered things I NEED and DON'T need to say in the last scene. Man, what an epopee lol.

I think I need SOME muscle tone in my bicep and adjacent muscles - then it can fold much easier during the rack. Does that make sense? I think we'll find out, or at least find out something.

Curls a-la front rack muscles with 7 kg bar - 2 sets, I really feel my shoulders and forearms on it

Some chest and back stretching on each side, a-la one arm pushup against the wall with torso rotation - 2 sets. I suspect I might have stretched my right side too much somehow!

I used to have my right side LOWER than my left side on fromt rack etc. This and last year I did something to make it go higher - the whole chain of muscle, with the right arm still being stiff and unbending. Hypothesis: I evened out my torso and hips but not my upper back and right arm.

RPotD - Disa chrysostachya



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR