June 5th - Bench "heavy-light", managed to switch to daytime

 05.06.2026

Note from earlier - if this is a Bench day, try putting on the belt for MORE AIR in guts and chest - should be interesting!

***

I LACK education - extremely basic knowledge on lifting, extremely basic experiences. I'm watching this video on PUSH JERK by Torohktiy and I'm realizing HOW MANY misconceptions I HAVE in my mind!

Elbows NOT forward, chest must be OPEN, AND - and the biggest thing - HE IS TIGHT too, way less tight and crippled than me, yes, but he doesn't have that EXTREME mobility I IMAGINE weightlifters have and *I* should have too! Gosh, this is mind blowing.

ELBOWS DOWN, CHEST OPEN.

I should try to take my typical OHP rack and JUST roll my shoulders forward!

AND... the final nail... HE IS USING HIS BACK in the push! He is tightening his lower back! WTF WAS WRONG WITH ME???

His elbows are completely wide. WHAT if my old pushpress was an EXCEPTION? What if I could have pushpressed even more back then?

Also... gosh, my writing (typing) really looks like something a boomer would write... ALSO... I'm so annyoing with these silly capitalizations 😁 But they do make it easier to read and imagine... ALSO... I forgot what I meant to say at first...

Ah yes. I've been thinking how I should really focus more on cleaning the bar from the floor before overhead lifting. Significantly more - because I barely do it at all these days. I need a consistent movement to train, but I should really allow myself to test myself on these additional things, because FTOH is WAY cooler, more impressive and glorious than lifting from the rack! It was ON THE FLOOR, ON THE GROUND, and you're gonna lift it OVERHEAD? Yeesh!

***

This is the two videos I was watching - the main one I was talking about above https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1glInnOs7s

And this is the other one that's sort of opening my eyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2gSuEaMagA

And Klokov's technique on pushpress uses a front rack that is more similar to OHP - not jerk / pushjerk. In this video https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SCMo53Cg0sU I just watched... The bar is a bit more to the front, and back is stacked - kinda like on Bench.

All these revelations are coming for a reason. My brain is looking for them, and discovering them, paying attention to things I have not paid attention to before.

Today it's just Bench. It's a morning workout. I woke up late yesterday, but not too late... But it's not a big deal. Nighttime workouts are just kinda bad, that's the problem.

Now it's 6 AM and I'm having coffee and feeling rather fresh. I have been very well fed. Sleep - not sure, simple as.

It's gonna be heavy-light Bench and THEN... Maybe I'll do something else.

And I have to write... At this point it's taking too long.

Reordering my notes... I remembered an important cue I wanted to talk about - how you are acually SUPPOSED to be pushing away the bar rather than pulling it it, it's the weight of the bar itself that glues into you! You are not supposed to be naturally always flexible to a point that you can take a perfect rack stance with no weight...

Had one conventional 35/420... It's 7 AM and the heat is rising. I sure do miss cooler days.

I bought a boxing-style mouthguard/retainer and now I'm wondering how to melt it.

***

So, it's almost 10 AM and I'm about to finish my second conventional and I've done some writing - 1800 words into just the "experiment", narration of background events! Very amusing. Experiment 5, three chunks, some interesting stuff that explores and hints towards Henry and Zita's backgrounds and their relationship. And *I* am discovering so much more about Zita here, remembering too! 😁

It's so hot, it's almost annoying.

Workout

Warmup - wall pushups

Bench press

20 - 40 - 60

From here - only doubles

70 - 90 - 110

120 - 140 - 150

160 for 2 - rather easy, but after staying awake for that long and having two conventional coffees the tissues feel somewhat less springy than usual. Also staying in the hot room. Thankfully, it does feel pretty easy! Spoto press with a small pause over chest.

170 for 1 and almost managed to lock out another one - there was quite the technical fail there; I again ended up overdoing it and slid too much up under the racks - I could not elevate my shoulders for a nicer lockout because the rack were in place! BUT I pretty much did it - could have fooled someone looking from the side; they'd wonder why I lowered it instead of racking it.

170 for 1 - same except it wasn't a Spoto press but a touch-n-go. NEED TO REMIND SELF: LEAVE MORE SPACE FOR THE SHOULDER MOVEMENT, bar closer to eyes on unrack.

I don't have a lot more energy today. I might fall the heck asleep. Probably not... hm.

70 - 2 sets of 3 reminding myself to leave space

Overhead press

20 for 10 and some very minor front rack stretching before that... I NEED to do Front Squat! It will teach me to do it right.

***

Also I didn't put belt on lol, like I wanted to try. Not a big deal!

RPotD - File:Construction equipment at Government complex in Amaravati (January 2019) 4.jpg








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR