June 3rd - Failed Pushpress workout
03.06.2026
Note from my last Bench day - I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tycd7W0oI and I decided I should try doing goodmornings the same way.
I could try doing it in the rack. Probably not but I'd like to see what I can do, not just goodmornings but GHD or however it's called.
***
I've been quite greedy for metal. I wanted to work out yesterday, but that would have been too much.
My diet has been on the poorer side. Sleep too. BUT I feel mostly okay. I just have to take it all into consideration.
So, it's been five days since that great and lovely OHP day. My right arm has been feeling tender, but also more flexible, in a way. My leg and knee also NEED stretching - I've been holding back in the last few days because they surround the DL and come up to today. I don't want to overstretch the things I'll be using today BEFORE I use them.
I have generally a good feeling about today. I'm in a nice mood.
I told you - maybe I didn't - that I impulsively ordered an MP3 player from China that's supposed to be Xiaomi branded - obviously, it isn't, but I got one delivered today. As usual, I woke up a few minutes before my alarm clock - I wish I had that kind of anxiety when I make it back there lol - and then I got called by the courier and I got confused because some other stuff I ordered, including a mouthguard, was supposed to be delivered tomorrow - but then I remembered I ordered this player a long itme ago and it was supposed to arrive *starting* from the 3rd - but then I considered that I already *bought* an mp3 player and maybe I should decline it so I can get a refund, but I was curious and considered that I should probably be able to return it some other way - and it was a good thought, cause they put half of my OTHER order in it - minerals (potassium and magnesium), insoles for boots and DeLonghi coffee I happen to have learned to like (especially since it's rather expensive lol). Arabica, milk blend - done with that fake arabica until I start to become nervous about running out of this new arabica 😁 Well, I *sort of* liked the fake arabica, to a degree.
You know what I haven't been liking lately? Instant coffee. It seems to make me aroused in a wrong way, anxious and sweating, feeling like I can't close my fingers into a fist, to grasp something (figuratively speaking) - something lacks in that coffee. Well, it is somewhat cheap though.
Warmup - rather long, methodical, stretching
Workout
Overhead press
20 - 40
60 for 8
80 for 8 - feels nice and easy, but none of that awe I had last time. Did some more stretching...
80 - here I took a pause as I tried to grip it with a full rack and it hurt, so I went upstairs and stretched, back down and tried it again and it hurt, so I took a more conventional grip and did 2 reps with it (intentional). A lot of tearing pain in forearm, as expected, but I just wonder how come it doesn't all grow back better and allow me to stay flexible.
90 for 1
100 for 1
105 for 1 it was better here
110,5 for 1 feels nice.
Push press
73 for 1
73 for 3
93 for 3
113 for 2 kinda really bad
113 for 1 then 2
After a while, I realized that I am not functioning today well. It's a failed workout - due to poor recovery. Who could have expected? Lol.
It's difficult, cause I really want to do everything. I think I might end up doing Bench tomorrow and then DL on Saturday.
It's not the first time something like this happened. I've had plenty of these failed workout in Spring, haven't I? Just... not managing the pushpress very well. Hmm.
Well, today's actual issue is my overall lack of energy. I was feeling nervous and I slept basically for four hours... Super lame.
I need to eat. I have little appetite... I'm hoping that creatine would help with all this.
I might be complaining too much. It's a transitional period right now. I'm training very often and I have some mental gripes that swell up on occasion - thankfully, not the old stuff! - and I need to eat better and so on. AND my Bench going rather well... And my DL is coming back after an illness.
I really want that pushpress. I need to figure out a way to get it. I am thinking... I think I could Bench, then do an overhead workout again. I just need to space out recovery correctly, and put some effort into eating and sleeping right. That makes sense.
Today wasn't a very heavy day. I did not load myself very much. Also I noted how I'm basically unable to inflate myself very well. I'm not able to brace for pushpress anymore. Something's wrong with this. Perhaps I should be able to do it when I get my energy back. Too bad it's late at night, can't order food. Well, I didn't want to order it, I wanted to go and buy some stuff at the store myself.
Ideally, I need something smarter in terms of the program. That whole "work up to eight sets of three" isn't working for me right now - not with this exercise.
AND I think I should AGAIN reconsider things like cleaning and continental cleaning - I believe they contribute to my overall ability very well.
And I gotta not forget about Squat, of course. My knee tendon wasn't feeling great today.
***
Pre-writing some thoughts on the future post... Then back here to write down some other stuff I wanna do tonight.
Calf raises - gotta not forget about my ankle
A few sets for 30 full range, arms hanging on the band - so it's not all of my weight admittedly. Leaning with knees forward. As well as some other variations for different reps, a fun one - one legged calf raises with the other foot on the ball
Squat stretches - the definitive deep knee bend. I am surprised by how easy it is for me, I could sit like that for hours. The point though is that I'm standing on the balls of my feet, and shifting from side to side - or back to front if they're rotated outwards. 4 sets
Kneeling stretches - this time I didn't go as long as before; each set consisted not just of static stretching but of "weight shifts" or micro-reps - kneeling with balls of the feet on the floor, rotated slightly inward, and shifting weight as if to stand up into deep-knee-bend; then kneeling with soles upwards - that can be painful, but, to my delight, I found that my right leg bends way easier now and also tops of me feet are a little more limber as well. 5 sets over a period of time
I probably would have had better success if I tried working out now rather than earlier lol... But I did eat some food - some half-spoiled unfrozen marinated pork and I made a peculiar dessert soup out of frozen strawberries, milk powder and corn porridge flakes. Very satiating, I keep wanting more in my head lol - but I only got pork left as well as a small amount of strawberries I fried in leftover fat 😁 I think I'm gonna do a few more stretching sets - deep knee bend and kneels - but make it a little less intense (and write in the number above, so it's not three or four sets but like more)
RPotD I came across the other day and decided to save in advance - very interesting and inspiring.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Christ_Crowned_with_Thorns_MET_sf16-32-283s1.jpg

Comments
Post a Comment