May 29th - Great lovely long daytime training session - OHP, PP and Squat
28.05.2026
Idea from 27th: try doing low bar Squat for a shoulder/elbow stretch.
I've had this idea for a while and I hope I won't forget about it.
29.05.2026
Really nice day so far.
Yesterday was a little tumultuous, but it ended up as a short day in the end. It was a rest day. I made some insane slop for a meal. My little brother has been cutting the fat off the meat and it was lying there in the fridge, so I went ahead and reduced it all into friable fat, then I randomly fried tiny pork cubes in it - it, I admit, is one of the worst ways to cook pork. Then I took the spaghetti I made and I mixed them with some spice and Korean funchoza mix and then I dropped some flour into them and fried them in the pork fat. That turned out quite appetizing - fried spaghetti. Of course, you do get rather sick of it - after a relatively large portion, BECAUSE it's pork fat, ANIMAL fat - not plant fat. Plant fat would have made you way sicker.
I felt rather sleepy last night and I wished and prayed to just fall asleep and wake up early enough tomorrow feeling well-slept - and thank God it did happen! 😀 I slept for quite a while, but I still woke up much more early than I normally would have. I think I might have temporarily switched to daytime.
***
Before yesterday, rather late at night I ordered new headphones and an MP3 player - still haven't tested the player, but the headphones were two times more expensive than the really cheap ones I purchased recently (which'd still make them cheap 😁). I checked out my old Sonys and I think I might be able to solder the left ear on the newer ones... And maybe I should be able to replace the jack on the old ones. But they are old; I straight up took the muffs off of them and threw them out. The old ones are over 10 years old and the "newer" ones I think I got in 2019, so I'd like to believe it's not *too* wasteful. The most new ones I bought - Phillips - they're okay. They seem to have slightly boosted mids, otherwise fairly clean.
I was gonna buy Sonys too... I wanna stop talking about it, all this consooming makes me feel disgusted with myself. But I am really looking forward to using the mp3 player.
I scooped out the last 25 grams of the arabica I had and added 10 more grams of fake arabica for a 35/425 brew, somewhat long but not overbrewed - it tastes nice, although my tongue feels dry.
I should give more lessons. They leave me feeling really satisfied.
I must write today. I will. It's 5 PM and I've been awake for a few hours. I'm not in the nighttime mode anymore - hopefully 🙏 Not for at least a few days! Not until I have a really nice workout 😁
I'm already writing. I went to do a couple little edits but found myself writing. How cool!
Workout
Warmup - moderate, my typical overhead stretches, but before that - elbow rotations, L-flys on the table, rubber front rack 😀
Overhead press
20 for a few reps in pain 😁
40 better
A lot of stretches here - INCLUDING LOW BAR SQUAT stretch.
50 for 5 - this was AMAZING. But I cannot explain how. I was able to put the bar right where I needed. I could simply rest.
A little distracted here. My little brother is demanding all sorts of attention.
70 for 5 - same! Pretty amazing. Also did more low bar squat stretching.
80 for 5 - not bad, BUT this front rack is not yet suitable for PP, as I can guess. I can rest it on the middle of my chest, but not on my shoulders - they are not touching it.
80 for 5 - very interesting. ALMOST touching the shoulders. A very weird, amazing feeling.
Push press
70 for 1
90 for 3 - messy, although there is some flexibility. Taking too much time.
100 for 3
110 for 3 - messy, low oxygen, first rep messed up but managed to put it down and reset it well. I WAS doing an uneven grip - more weight on right - but I decided to stop after this one.
113 for 3 - much better! I warmed up my legs and took some time to smell oxygen.
113 for 3 - messy af again! I am too distracted. I took a slightly too narrow grip and it felt like it overloaded my right palm/forearm. I guess I should let myself stretch out naturally and then eventually I should be able to take a slightly more narrow grip. I don't necessarily need a narrow grip, but I want my hands closer to to my shoulders.
113 for 3 - again a little messy but better than the previous set. The push feels nice! I guess I'll just do doubles from here - to get up to 8 working sets.
113 for 2 - okay, nice. I got wraps on my forearms. Not sure if it helps
113 for 1 - I hurried up too much in my setup and ran out of oxygen and dropped the bar from the top. Really lame! I need to fix it, work on it.
I am sure taking a great lot of time, really distracted by everyone. AND I have Squat planned today too!
113 for 2 - much better! Although I gotta admit it's probably a press-push at this point, i.e. very little pushing. BUT it was nice and vertical, just upwards!
Squat - only singles
73 for 1 warmup - slow rep, sitting in the hole
73 - 113
133 - started putting on wraps here - very light, two loops under and over knee, over pants. Also eating carbs (pastries) and milk - because I did get exhausted, hands were shaking, and now it's gone.
153 - nice, pretty easy. I'm doing a little trick on all these sets and I'm standing on just my right leg before putting down the left leg and doing the squat. I believe that helps eliminate some of my hip unevenness.
173 and 183 - three final sets with very short breaks
193 - lovely, seasonal post injury PR 😁 jk but it lowkey is! And it was super easy. I did this one with the one leg stand as well! I unracked it, walked back, shifted the weight to my right leg, felt it around, made sure I'm controlled and raised my left leg in the air! Then I put down the left leg, shifted the weight back to normal and did a nice rep and racked it. I gotta admit though, I did have the wraps pretty tight over my pants, even if only four loops overall.
Front squat unrack
153 - one attempt, really feeling my right rotator cuff; then I took a break and went upstairs to warm up my L-fly some more and I gave myself a pretty crazy serratus cramp on my right side 😁 I had to lie down on the floor in the pushup position for it to relax.
153 - 3 singles, three liftoffs. They were all very interesting to experience, and to top it all off the final one was rather torturous 😁
Interesting thing I noticed - now I can bend my right arm's rotator cuff out MORE than my left. I can bend it outwards while the left I can't even bend vertical. Interesting, isn't it? It's not just about my rotators. No, it's also plainly about my arm's bend-ability.
Pretty hyped. It was a super long and very distracted workout and it lasted for over 4 hours. Then I made a nice meal for myself - potato puree with milk and butter and some melted pork fat from yesterday, as well as some pork. I mixed the crazy stuff I made yesterday with that puree and it was much easier to eat 😁
I should really force myself to eat better for and before the workout. That starvation strat isn't paying off too well, given how easily my hands start to shake after some exertion. It's a strange habit, what can I say! It suits fat people way better than me. I'm not thin, but I am rather lean now - compared to my historic self.
Great news - I can almost do a normal healthy balls-of-the-foot tiptoe on the right. I'm recovering, thank God! 😀☦
RPotD - not really random
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Burt_Lake_1.jpg by H.G. Judd

Comments
Post a Comment