May 17th - Overhead day - OHP, Cleans, PP, PJ, Squat
17.05.2026
Yesterday was a nice day. I read, wrote, enjoyed myself, did some minimal rehab. The leg feels somewhat tender today. Look peculiarly big in the mirror, pecs very big somehow.
The weather is hot and humid. I don't want to miss early Summer, I want to take it in to understand my book better.
Not much to tell. Been eating slightly above average, slept very well although again a bit of a nighttimer.
Made coffee, the suspected Lavazza robusta. I made it something like 35/450 (thin) AND I poured it all out into a cup after I brewed it - poured over cool water with hot, then let it rise. I basically didn't let it "steep" and it tasted close to good! Added 2.5 teaspoons of sugar. Sugar does drastically change how the drink FEELS to your body.
I wanna write tonight too, but it's not as much of a priority as if it was yesterday, but also, there's an easier part to write. No, I need my OHP, PP and my Squat tonight and, as usual, it's already 10 PM lol.
I'm such a "consoomer" lol. I bought a pair of cheap devices and now I keep looking at better stuff cause of how bad it all was even though I pretty much DON'T need any of this new stuff.
My little headphones though, they're getting kinda worn out with all the music, they start to hiss on occasion. That's probably because I'm gain-staging wrong, I have my windows volume low and I just use the audio interface knob.
Ended up making another cup of instant coffee. Sometimes you want extra caffeine.
Workout
Warmup - my typical routine, some new things, trying to cut down unnecessary volume
Overhead press + Cleans + Squat
20 - 30 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 70
I didn't always do all three exercises on each weight, skipped some. 5-4 reps OHP, two reps of Clean, five reps on Squat
80 - 4 presses, then a complex - 5 squats, pushjerk from the back, lower the weight to the floor, 2 power cleans
It's raining hard outside, a lot of moist. I'm working to develop better oxygen reserves lol. Just like when I did vest + helmet + gun presses in the concrete hut 😁
90 for 4 presses, then 5 squats and pushjerk from the back - a little better - to the floor, then two power cleans, not as nice but satisfying
90 for 4 presses - better, more powerful, getting warmed up
100 for 5 squats, then I considered doing a pushjerk from back but decided to stop.
90 for 8 press - I used the uneven grip I thought of last time, and I tried doing the perfect "touch and go" cause I forgot how to do it. I'm kinda happy with this set, even though it looked messy! 😀
110 for 1 squat - the plan is to work up to a medium-heavy single and feel good doing it. This one felt good
70 - 1 pushjerk, 1 pushpress, 1 press
90 - 1 pushjerk, 1 pushpress
120 for 1 squat
110 - 1 pushjerk, 1 pushpress - feels nice, I think I managed both very well
130 for 1 squat - making sure not to make a pause or rest in the hole or to bounce - sort of a "Spoto Squat"
120 for one failed pushjerk, some waiting around
120 for 1 ugly looking pushpress - well, it's not a big deal, the real problem is my energy - I've run out of it, hands shaking, all that
140 for 1 squat
Squat
150 - 160 - 170 - 180
Feels nice enough. First ever "heavy" squat in a while - no knee or hip pain 😀 Wore wraps under and over on these sets. I should wear them more often as well as buy a nice pair of knee sleeves. I never had knee sleeves.
Dip-presses with the bar - pretty hard exercise! Same as pushjerk, but without pushing.
Really exhausted. The workout took close to three hours, just because of some breaks in between chunks of sets. I'm pushing it - next time I won't be so exhausted. Also I expect my appetite to get a little better. I did a lot of weird all-around stuff today, loaded all the muscle possible. That's nice too! On my DL day I really wanna find a way to include SOME KIND of OHPs... Probably not a good idea.
RPotD - Picture taken on flea market in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, France
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:20050522-0357_KUB_Isle-sur-Sorgues-Ausschnitt.jpg

Comments
Post a Comment