May 12th - Nice and simple overhead workout
12.05.2025
I've been sleeping in the other direction. It's really awkward cause the bed is somehow even more uneven on the other end, even though it got way less use. But man, the depth of my sleep, the dreams I have - really, really intense. I slept in the morning and had a lot of violent, unpleasant dreams. I woke up and had some food and then I feel asleep again and had really nice dreams! Ended up sleeping for too long.
I'm in my typical state of "struggling to start". I had one pot of disgusting coffee, poured out one cup, then another small pot of normal arabica - much better. Brain's finally buzzing and it's kinda pretty late, that's how it happens.
Writing this helps. Just warming up my brain-finger connection. I've already started my general overhead warmup. I thought earlier today about what I want to do. I just want to do OHP, PP and Squat. I considered if doing them all light would be enough - and I felt that it wouldn't. my heart hurts for a good overhead shape. I haven't been in a good overhead shape in years. I need to get there, while my legs and back and actually everything feel more or less good. This little illness gave my tissues an opportunity to recover somewhat lol!
Workout
Overhead press
20 - 40 - 50 - 60
70 - 80 for 5
90 for 5
it was supersetted with
Squat
40 - 50 - 60 - 70 - 80 - 90
Only up to 5 reps though, imagining I'm Big Z - i.e. I *don't* have to do the full squat, and I also DON'T have to flex my tissues into weird, sharp angles - the only thing that gets loaded and seriously tightened is muscle, nothing else. At least that's the way I believe is right to achieve a non-injurous technique - it doesn't mean anything beside what it means. Don't make any assumptions about exactly what I'm doing because I did not explain it clearly and it's vague. Well, let's just put it this way - I'm not pushing my hips super wide to the sides, I'm not leaning my chins as close to the floor as possible, and I'm not dropping down into a "relaxed squat". There, I think I put it well enough. Let's move on, cause I'm supersetting all this with writing 😀
90 for 5 - OHP then Squat
I'm experimenting a little and I put my hooks on the other side of the rack. Feels very awkard!
Also NGL I'm kinda hating my bar after RE-discovering how actually uneven the cnurling markings are. It got me raging a little 🤦♂️
100 for 5 - same! I gripped it without looking; it seemed that right side was way heavier but I just went ahead and pressed it - it was okay. Squat felt a little awkward.
I have some ideas about front rack on my PP. I think I wanna try bending back my upper back a little rather than curling it - I believe it should help.
Push press
60 for 2 - pushjerks
70 for 2 - one pushjerk and one PP - kinda starts to feel good!
90 for 2 - not bad, same
110 for 2 - rather easy. I did not bother with the rack - just a neutral barbell hold over shoulders, normal elbow angle - not vertical nor horizontal. One pushjerk - had to press it out cause I dipped too low under it, one very normal and easy PP. Feels good. But I just need to take my time before I achieve satisfaction on these lifts. OHP was kinda okay, after all!
Squat
110 for 5 - nice, just for dessert
Took the bar, unscrewed the sleeves off of it - rather worrisome! Spend some time figuring out where the middle is. Taped up around it, painted it with blue paint (not mine, I admit - not the one I used for G310). Before that, I wiped up and lubed up the undersleeve parts - I can conclude that I don't need to tell anyone that my bar is bent because it's not bent. It slides and glides well and normal. Made me wanna do some wrist rolling, but probably not anytime soon. It's fun though, and I am having a bit of a mini grip-revival with the grippers! Might have a workout tomorrow lol. I oughta cut the cutting of slack 😉
RPotD - cool plant leaves!
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Oxydendron_arboreum-foliage.jpg

Comments
Post a Comment