May 5th - Heavy DL, minor PRs, some grip improvements, skin struggles

 05.05.2026

Nice day. Slept easy, didn't wake up nervous, appetite above average, had carbs, read a book! So much better than yesterday.

Workout

Some rather gentle warmup, feeling the deep muscles in abs and upper back

Deadlift

20 for 20

70 for 12

120 for 8

160 for 5

203 - 2 okay reps out of five - I fished out an old technique for DOHG: grab from ABOVE and wiggle your wrists SIDEWAYS, i.e. "adduction-abduction" - you know, like in armwrestling. THAT's how I was able to do a really good rep in the end! I WILL test it again once on the way down.

233 for 5 right away - kinda hard!

253 for 5 - the "warmup" arrived in the middle of this set - first three were hard, a tiny break to rewrap straps, and two very good ones. Fighting against the sliding sleeves today lol.

270,5 for 5 - not bad, breaks after 2 and 4 - adding chalk, rewrapping. Not feeling fully warmed up, if that makes sense! You know what? I kinda just wanna go and try it again.

270,5 for 5 - it was sort of both better and more messy. When I don't start the rep from above it's harder for me to expand my chest and belly and get the air in. I did three reps fast, another re-strap, one nice rep, one fail - cause I didn't get the air in right! Another re-strap and I did the final rep very well, good lockout. I think I need to do some SLDLs again. My skin really hurts - the straps are not good! They used to be worse before they got dirty lol. Bench yesterday also hurt my skin, especially when I focused on "pulling the bar apart" lol.

253 for 5 - not bad, but very slow cause of my hurting skin and I just didn't grip it very well, I kept resetting on almost all reps except the first two ☹ Otherwise I'm glad I've done a good volume 😀 The fact that I did two sets of 253 and in between then two sets of 270 kinda makes it look nice in my head! 😀 Thank God for that and for everything, truly and forever 😃☦

230 for 1 as a part of my "unload doctrine" - fingertipping mixed grip; I realized I might not have enough energy for that so I unloaded it down to 70.

Zercher, stiff legged

70 kg for 2 sets of 10 - trying it out! Pretty exhausted, feeling broken.

Pinching - 20+20 each hand, attempts with the right hand on 25+25 - managed it off the floor a couple times, held it in air with the left 😀

CoC№1 - a few closes; then CoC№1.5 - a few long-range sets - full open but holding the spring with the other hand. Then CoC№2 - 2 long range and 5 deep closes right (skin hurts!), 7 long range closes left (with some assistance from right, mostly holding the spring).

Do not underrate cheat closes in grippers! They're the best way to move on and calibrate the load to be specific for your current needs. Of course, you gotta stop cheating when you're ready to perform.

I'm glad my oldschool grip is sort of coming back! The grippers tell me they're gonna get strong and I was able to figure out more cues of DOHG and I was able to lift off a pair of 25s - very nice 😀

RPotD - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hendrick_Jansz._Terbrugghen_001.jpg

Hendrick ter Brugghen, A Man playing a Lute



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR