April 13th - Bench press singles, PR, inner speech and psychology in literature

 13.04.2026

Writing. I have received some very flattering critiques and that made me feel a little nervous, like I didn't realize I was walking a tightrope. I liked it better when I made many people rage and few understood. Maybe not. Also mental energy is somewhat moderate since yesterday. Not low, but not at the max.

Read some more Strossen's Super Squats, pondered, then read some more Huckleberry Finn. Then I wrote, listened to music.

Research topics to look into:

https://www.gowriensw.com.au/thought-leadership/vygotsky-theory

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/inner-speech/

Dorrit Cohn - Transparent Minds (1978) - psychonarration, quoted monologue, narrated monologue

Mikhail Bakhtin - voice and social speech, formation of consciousness in socialization

***

Warmup - might have taken just a little too long, wall pushups, floor planks and pushups.

Workout

Bench press

20 - 40 - 70 - 90 - 100 - 110 - 120

Today it's just singles, but it's DOUBLES of singles, i.e. two quick sets together.

130 - 140

140 - 150

150 - 160

160 - 170 - hard but smooth

170 - 180 PR+7 kgs πŸ˜€ 180 was not very smooth at all but I did it! I did both very quick, part of one set!

180 - 170 way better πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ 180 was smooth and fast here! But it wasn't a paused rep. I managed to make a tiny pause on 170 - did NOT rest it but held it on chest! That's why Spoto press is lowkey the primary exercise.

170 - 160 not bad, both reps paused, starting to get fatigued

160 - 150

150 - 140

140 - 120 - 70

OHP - 20 for 30, focusing on upper back lockout

L-flys with 2 kg dbs - 3 sets

That's it. Feels good! I wish I filmed the second set with 180. I think I'll try to record another one at some point soon.

Thank God for today! Thank Him for everything, truly and forever.

Stomach has been alright for a while.

RPotD - interesting German painting - Marionetten by Margret Hofheinz-DΓΆring
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Marionetten,_Margret_Hofheinz-D%C3%B6ring,Strukturmalerei,_1988_(WV-Nr.7381).jpg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR