March 28th - Bench, finally a nice workout
28.03.2026
Song: December Dawn - The Cross Of Stone
I wanted to say it sounds similar to another song by Reverend Bizarre I think... Not the whole song, just a riff... Maybe not them, but Cathedral... It goes "how could it be that you forgot after love" or something like that... No, can't find it. I used to have it my playlist frequently on occasion and I can't remember! They had an Ozzy-esque vocal, but less grating. RIP Ozzy, God rest your soul!
I'll go on metal archives.
Can't find it. It had a nice descending riff, a wall of sound, with an organ.
***
So apparently it's Count Raven! "How Can It Be".
I have been pretty messy with my sleep and my energy. It's been a mess. Nutrition too. Don't even know what's going on. But I think today I ate okay. My throat has been pretty raspy, I might be ill and not know it. But that's only a maybe. I should just be careful.
Had one very nice coffee that made me sleepy. The lights went out, I made a front-style coffee in the cup on the stove. They went back on. Finishing it. It's somewhat thin but good.
I really want to write. But I feel like I need to get into the proper mood first. I am close.
Workout
Warmup - wall pushups, pushup planks
Bench press
20 for 20
50 - 70
100 for 8
120 for 8 nice. I'm going back to "holding the weight over chest" rather than bouncing it against me. It's important that you accelerate the bar nonetheless.
120 for 8 not bad
140 for 8 not bad, kinda heavy but doable. It's easier to do it when I bounce it, SMH! Something to be extremely grateful for - my pecs are alright, unlike in 2024 and early 2025 😀 Thank The Lord!
140 for 8 - good, a little better
140 for 10 - nice, although I might have cut the range just a tiny bit 😁 You gotta aim for harder targets and that's when your CNS activates. Just have to be ready!
80 - 2 sets of 10 - narrow grip speed reps, feels nice, tissues good
OHP 20 for 20 - also speed reps
Feels great, honestly, this compact workout, did everything I set out to do and a tiny bit more. Makes me wanna do bench more 😁 It's a lazy boy exercise. If you train hard enough though, get good enough skill then any exercise can feel like that.
***
Yesterday I watched "Burn After Reading". I watched it once back in 2015 or around that time I think. Nice movie, kinda funny, kinda sad. Now that I am more versed in literature I can glean the authorial intent more clearly, or even Freudically. Bradd Pitt's character is pretty fun. You could say he's overacting BUT "shallow" people like his character IRL are often aware of how "shallow" they come off and they overdo it in real life out of spite too, you know? Funny stuff. I think this movie sort of portrays women as evil, but maybe not. IIRC Fargo portrays women as good, same actress there, one of them director's wife. Easy collaboration, easy to check if she learned the script!
Comments
Post a Comment