March 20th and 21st - Light workout and a really nice OHP and PP workout! 😃

 20.03.2026

I'm enjoying this day. I again woke up early and had a nice small breakfast. Just fats and protein, no card or vegetables. Then I managed to fall asleep again, really enjoyed it. Dreamed up somebody talking about me and then me getting bombed. The bombs were surprisingly loud in my dreams. Gave a lesson. I really wanted to work out when I woke up today. But now, in the evening, I'm thinking I'll avoid making that mistake again - the last two training weeks I've been following this impulse and it hasn't paid off well. No, I'll do my OHPs and PPs tomorrow. Also I plan to do some decently heavy OHP and not overstretch/overprepare myself. And I hope my oxygen will be good.

Today I decided to have a micro workout, just to satisfy the gentle craving.

Calf raises (full range, foot flexion) / Squats (partial, in the mid range) - 3 sets of around 20 reps

Lat rubber pulls / curls - 3 sets of 20 reps

Actually I used a chest expander with 2 springs - medium-light, muscle almost cramping. 2 kg dbs for the first set, then 6 kg dbs - strangely hard, I think I need better nutrition

Some oldschool hip stretches - only hips today, no knees or ankles because I tend to overdo it and the tissues lose elasticity! - 3 sets

21.03.2026

Lovely day. Slept little, woke up early, gave a lesson, ate well, did not feel drowsy.

Two conventional coffees around 31/400, slightly smaller than average. BOTH times I did not overbrew them! You must not put them on a big fire.

Workout

Warmup - short and sweet, not overdoing - a couple sets of overhead stretches, L-fly variations

Overhead press

50 - 50 - 70

90 for 5

100 for 5 lovely

The experiment:

110 for 2, 95 for 2, then 115 for 2 - lovely! Biggest beltless OHP in a long time. Back felt okay!

Front rack stretches with 95 kgs - fingertips, straps, full grip - pain moderate-low

Push press

70 for 3 messy, choking

70 for 3 better

100 for 2 and 1 - not bad, but wrists are not quite elastic today for some reason.

100 for 3 - a little better but I feel like putting on wrist supports

110 for 3 a little bitter. I wore wrist supports and focused on "pulling the bar apart". I think the overhead drill where I stretch a piece of rubber holding it with my thumbs might have been helpful in the previous sessions. I'll try it again now.

120 for 3 a real mess, a press-push. But also no wrist wraps. I'm sort of optimistic.

Some front racking here with 128, feeling it. Then a break. Tightened my weightlifting shoes.

128 for 2 - alright. I did not try the third rep, but I did do two good reps. It brought me a degree of satisfaction. My wrists are out of shape! Knees, thankfully, are okay. Wore wrist supports not too tight.

103 for 2 - done much better than warmup reps, no wrist supports. Good power transfer. I need to do a tiny bit more.

103 for 2 - 93 for 2 - 123 for 2

Incredibly satisfied with that drop-n'-raise the weight technique I am discovering. I think it's worth looking into. Somehow it allows me to lift a heavy weight as if it was much lighter. It's really interesting.

Squat

90 for 1 super slow rep - cool

90 for 5, trying not to overdo any angles

70 - 5 reps of front squat with various grips - loose fingers, straps, holding by the strap ends, loose fingers with elbows almost touching. It's possible I've done only 4 reps

OHP 20 for 20 - feels good, really pumped rotator cuffs. I lifted well and punished myself nicely today. Hallelujah!

***

A little later - I had an EPIC serratus cramp that hit me with a wave of NOSTALGIA for the old days, when I trained PP way more! My arm was stuck in front of me and I was HOWLING, grunting, moaning until I had a EUREKA moment and I ran downstairs, tore my clothes off with one arm and hopped into HOT shower and THANK GOD it receded very quickly. I'd like to imagine it was God's way of getting me into shower.

It's an amazingly good day. 10/10 and I feel great. I'm not 'hyper exhilarated', bursting at the seams, but the BASELINE of how good I feel is VERY high. Hallelujah, truly and forever! I prayed for His grace and He provided. I only wish I'd remember praying for it more! 🙏

RPotD - FO76GD_Drill_Fist.webp



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR