March 12th, Thursday - Heavy-light Bench singles

 12.03.2026

Nice enough day. Slept well, ate good - finally some meat, some appetite returned.

Today's we're again doing "heavy-light" but this time singles. And we'll do some moderate pumping too. That's how I'm keeping my bench afloat with it affecting push press / OHP minimally.

Workout

Warmup - wall then floor pushups

Bench press

20 - 50 - 70 - 100

From here it's just singles

120 - 130

140 for 1

143 - 3 sets of 1

Small break here

143 - 4 sets of 1

150,5 - 4 sets of 1

Listened to Battle Hymns on my phone today. Manowar rules!

103 for 4 but reracking and resetting my grip one finger narrower on every rep

103 for 4 same width as my overhead grip - pinkes half an inch away from outer markings

And that's it! That's the workout today. Very satisfying. On all sets I made sure to hold a pause with arms locked out. Not the pause on the chest, mind you. I made sure to reverse direction as fast as possible on all reps. Like I was afraid of getting crushed. It's good for actually developing your pressing impulse. Pause - if you're a competing powerlifter - can be worked on later. I reckon it's not profitable to do all your reps paused. Makes me wonder if I should add some non-paused DL work lol. No, not the typical touch and go, but maybe rubbers or more Romanian-style DL. Definitely still need to work on my hamstrings.

And guess what? I'm deadlifting tomorrow. That's lowkey scary. We'll see how I feel. I don't want a repeat of my last DL workout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR