February 18th, Wednesday - DL singles, Heavy-light, low volume

 18.02.2026

Writing. Slept unevenly but very satisfied. Ate well! Mind calmed. Coffee - one conventional 35/420, one small instant coffee "topper" with 2 small teaspoons. Not cramping yet. Mind just a little off, a little defocused - until I started writing. When your mind is "defocused" like that from caffeine it kinda feels like walking on top of a lubed up pipe. Hard to go anywhere. Heh. "Lubed up pipe". Did not intend that.

Workout

Deadlift

20 for 20

70 for 12

120 for 8

160 for 6

190 for 2 OHG

210 for 4 - but only one OHG rep was close to good. I did two mediocre pulls above knee, then one almost okay full rep - it would have been a PR if I managed to fix it on top but I think I'll choose not to count it - then one more rep (after my player died) - also just above knee, but maybe better than the first two.

230 for 1 mixed grip

250 for 1 reverse mixed grip - some pain

260 for 1 normal alternate grip

270 for 1 actually really happy with my gripping here. Still no straps!

280 for 1 and a half - a really rare mixed grip fail, got it up to my knees and had to drop it! Put on straps and lifted it well.

283 for 1

285,5 for 1 - one fail, one solid lift - I hate making noob mistakes. Here I changed my setup a little and put on straps first then I took my stance by narrowing my feet; somehow it ended up giving me wrong angles, weight too far. I did it normally and then I lifted. Take a stance first, then put on straps!

288 for 1 - nice, but I felt like that was enough. I've done 4 singles with a 280+ weight. Good? Perhaps. What's really good is that it wasn't excessively fatiguing.

Overhead press - 20 for 30 reps, and then some hanging, just feeling the muscles, trying to align them properly. Feels okay!

That's the end of the current microcycle that started with the 250 for 8 workout. I think I'll focus a little more on the 8ths in the new microcycle - I'll have two 8-oriented workouts. First will be light 8s and some singles/doubles, then it'll be heavy 8ths again.

RPotD - Statue of Sophocles; Naples Museum https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:S03_06_01_020_image_2522.jpg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR