February 25th - Light session
25.02.2026
Today is a rest day. In contrast to many previous rest days I'm not wholly asleep. No, I feel nice and sort of strangely excited. I have been reigning in my ideas of what I might do today.
Some reflection on my writing, minor edits. I received my first ever ever critique in a certain subreddit. It made me happy! Thank God. There shall be more, there shall be some polishing.
A little distracted in a certain way. Hoping I'm not too distracted.
But yeah, I think I'm gonna do some lats and bicep and a tiny bit of legs / accessory gymnastic stuff - and I'll make sure I don't empty my "fuel" even halfway. Why? Because it's the rest day, darn it. Something absolutely, completely light. I feel like a surgeon during surgery on a grape when I tone down my energy expression. That's kinda silly. My problem is that I'm a stimulus addict. So I have to rein it in. And I will do something fun and beneficial to me.
Yesterday was a great, lovely day btw. Arguably even better than the day before.
Rubber pulls
2 sets of 50 light old red band
2 sets - one unknown, then two sets of 50 reps with thick green one, double folded.
It's strange, because it constantly feels like it's way easier to tear this green one! I wonder if it's because it's super wide or maybe it's a different kind of rubber, or maybe it's just because I'm pulling it too hard and almost maxing it out; the "weight" as it stretches feels less smooth than one lighter bands.
Seated one leg curls with rubber
3 sets - sitting on the bed, light red band connected with a rope to the base of the pullup bar. Such a weird feeling when I stand up! My right hamstring is a little weaker at this.
Honestly - a great exercise. I should do it more often. Must! It's got so many interesting variations, too.
Floor-supported ring pullups - one of my special exercises that I like a lot. A way to push your lats and legs, adjust the weight between them, and you can even do cardio. Weird exercise I like a lot.
1 sets of 20 - doing a very interesting "bounce", it's a lot of fun, re-accelerating when I change directions, perfectly light - not expending more energy than I plan to!
2nd set for 30+ - fun, although I think I should have warmed up my legs more.
3rd set - 30 reps, feels good, legs and lats pumped. Arms too!
Thigh squeezer - 2 sets, spread throughout the workout. You know, inner thigh training - not necessarily with weights, just being able to control it - I'm certain it can be very helpful for DL and Squat. I really feel this muscle sometimes.
Curls - mostly variatons of drag curls, making use of my elbow angle today
6+6 kg dbs for 20
16 kg kettlebell - alternating one arm curls for 20 per arm, throwing and catching the kettlebell from one hand to another (so overall 40 reps in set) - extremely fun!
37 kg ez bar - 20 reps.
And that's it. That's definitely it! Looking forward to tomorrow's OHP and PP very much.
Comments
Post a Comment