February 21st - Daytime workout, PP fails

 21.02.2026

Yesterday was a true "recovery day". Could not do pretty much anything. But I did manage to give a lesson! My body is trying with extreme desperation to claw that rest time away from me, hehe. Had a nice breakfast today very early. I woke up in the actual morning, see. Showering really helps me to relax and not feel like a wreck. Eating does too. Curious!

So, I had one 35/400 conventional - roughly 1 to 11 and a half, somehow I wanted a thicker one. Listening to music. Somehow all the right tracks come up on shuffle. I am hopeful my longstanding "issue" will be resolved. I'm like, I can barely give a shit at this point. I'm consciously upset and I don't expect it to be resolved without really digging in and calling upon the prosecutor but that's just my consciousness. My emotions tell me to stay hopeful, heh.

***

Delts and pecs are pretty sore from the last workout. We'll see. PP kinda on my mind rn.

***

Taking a while! Coffee taking effect. Very long warmup. Forearms cramping.

Workout

Warmup - long, thorough, maybe too much. Weightlifting shoes tight, foot hurts

Overhead press

20 - 50

70 for 8 - 2 sets

80 for 8 - 2 sets

Front rack holds / stretches / quarter squats

80 - 2 sets

Some jumping. Pretty messy. I've gotten used to sleeping at this hour of day and the reset isn't happening easy. First I was raging about some things and now I'm sleepy. But I know I got what it takes.

100 for 3

110 for 3

120 - 2 sets of 1 - two fails. I think I overwrapped my wrist. Also I diverted from doing a decent front rack somehow. That's a price to pay for being distracted cause my body wants to sleep and is angry.

120 for 1 lame, second rep bumped against the frame

130 for one send - really, really messy today. Not exactly sure what the problem is. Just feeling sleepy and defocused. Not a big deal. I need to work on my pushpress. That means I need to carve out a groove. I was really hoping I could do it with these big weights today but I think I can't. I'll do what I can today with the rest of my energy.

100 for 2 kinda lame. Something is better - rack. No, PP is arguably the most CNS-intensive exercise. I need to consider it next time.

100 for 1

Number 1 culprit for today's shitty workout has to be the wrong time of day. Too early, also taking too long. Lame.

100 for 3 - somehow well done!

IMPORTANT FINDING: feet under the bar, torso and hips rigid and straight, lean back on arms and curl the bar onto yourself. THAT'S how you unrack.

You DON'T STEP under the bar. You must have your feet under it as you unrack.

I wanna give it another shot and solidify the feeling. Carve out a bit more of that groove.

100 for 3 - alright, somewhere in between. I had a good rack and good control over the bar here. Satisfying. But it was leaning more towards press-push, not using my legs enough. I will do one more set. Carve out that groove.

100 for 3 - a little better. So, I did end up doing five more sets with 100 🤔

Carve out a groove. You gotta train in the meaning of "practice" more so than "lift". Practice comes first. You will need heavy weight, but they simply come second. Practice - carving out the groove - it will have to come first for a while. Maybe it'll be faster than expected. Maybe I'll learn to apply my power fully soon enough.

Squat will help. But it's not really a number one thing. No, for PP it'll have to be PP itself, in a perfectly right technique with good CNS. Good control and smoothness, tightness and hardness - without blacking out. Cause if you're blacking out that means you're bracing wrong. You need to let in some air, as well as let out the pressure from the wrong parts (your head).

Sleep. I wanna somehow figure out a way to lift and live during the day and do it well. I like nighttimes a lot, but I wanna figure out a more conventional lifestyle somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR