February 10th, Tuesday - Heavy OHP (small PR), keeping up PP, bringing up Squat

 10.02.2026

I've been working on using my face more. Gotta keep that frown on - I'm pretty sure I've developed sort of a resting bitch face over the years, become inexpressive and then I'm surprised when my words don't land. My face is hurting from unconscious flexing now, very funny.

That hip/squat static holds and stretching on Sunday really helped. I felt really limber, all the after effects of last week's dreadful dehydration finally relieved. Today it's not quite present but still very good.

Critique circle is full of AI text. So sad! There are some semi-interesting authors though. I should really rip into one of them with the kind of critique I want to see from SOMEONE, anyone at all. But I have not posted anything there. Pearls before... well, not swine, but strangers. I know I am very sensitive about my own texts. I definitely am making ergodic writing. I don't want people to have an easy enough time when reading my stuff. You can, but that'll just be a long treat over events.

Having a LOT of fun with coffee, music and contemplating on my writing. Couple ideas written down. I'm optimistic about my stuff.

Workout

Warmup - long, thorough, fun, overhead stretching with stick/rubber, rotator cuff with rubber (inner one)

Overhead press

50 - 70

90 for 3

100 for 3

105 for 3

110 for 3

115 for 3 not bad, forcing myself to do a fuller lockout

120 for 2, one got to the sticking point but lost balance - forgot to mention I'm doing it beltless! I jumped ahead just a little. Belt would have provided a different "breaking point" than my mid-back. Belt could have helped a little.

Very soon after -

120 for a decent looking attempt - this time the bar went to the front rather than back. Can't really feel the "bouncy castle" anymore, you know? Although I did get close on this set.

Right foot choking in that damn weightlifting shoe. And I have at least one more OHP set and PP and more other stuff. I should just pump the blood manually - or should I say podually.

120 for 2 - decent, not quite as powerful as the first set but confident. Third rep - I took too long to reset the position from the 2nd rep. I just need some more time to let my lower body adjust before I can go all in.

Front quarter squats - full grip

120 - 3 sets of 10, not bad, maintaining full grip and proper rack. Back is a little too curved, maybe? Working on breath and overall control.

Push press

53 for 3 - nice, working on "shooting it out"

73 for 3 - not bad, but all the tissues in my forearms are screaming, as do I afterwards. Good front rack though! Wrist wraps on but not very tight, hands don't choke.

93 - 3 sets of 3 - decent, nice control, good rack

Squat

Took some time to stretch my groin and thighs, slow warmup - just very slow, static squat, focusing on evenness and foot position

73 for 5 slow, controlled, but very wide grip here, not risking stretching shoulders just yet

73 for 5

73 for 10 okay, nothing too creaky, growing weary. Interesting observation - feet aren't excessively choked right now, they feel okay. Just gotta keep them moving!

73 for 10 not bad, breathing through bracing - can't not brace!

Quarter split squats

73 - 2 sets of 10 per leg, a-la step back / curtsey. Feels good, learning to feel my legs and feet one-sided.

OHP - 20 for 20 just to feel extra good

120 kg for 2 sets of 2 is a seasonal mini PR. Good for me 😁

A little later

Neck extensions in harness

Light rubber, seated - 1 set of 50+ reps, short range

16 kg kettlebell - 1 sets of 30 reps then 40 reps, short range

Coffee hit just perfect today. I made a conventional 30/360 and then a fairly small instant coffee - about 2 teaspoons diluted with about 300 mgs of water. And that was a perfect stimulation! Simply perfect amount! I should have started my workout sooner, heh.

RPotD - Suzuki sv650s



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR