February 4th - Light workout after crazy dehydration

 04.02.2026

I've been praying to God to make me go and deal with some of the stuff I have to deal with. Monday I was sure I wasn't gonna go anywhere, but my prayers worked and God helped and sent me off. Good news - I made my expensive trekking boots comfortable, finally, cause I got the width of a tall man but not the height of one, so that's why my big old most expensive boots I ever wore were chafing my ankle bones. I finally added a second insole in the them and now they're perfectly comfy. I had the worst ever quad cramps. I must have looked like a cripple. It was inner quads at first, then outer quads, then inner on the left and outer on the right as well as my outer right glute. I walked through the snow, I walked quickly and carefully not to slip or roll my ankle again, and I walked against my constantly seized quads and I arrived home and I couldn't even fall asleep easily. Didn't wanna shower somehow, even though I should have. I should simply buy some electrolyte powder, I seem to need it the worst. The thing I went for turned out to be not helpful at all. Still, I overcame myself and went. I was afraid of failure as well as success because of what that success would entail to me, feels like I my spirit has no hands, so little control, but God helped me. Today I felt helpless and abandoned because the issue hasn't been solved and my emotions were overwhelming cause I had some coffee. I think I handled it somewhat well. Still exhausted today, quads hurting. I wanted to DL but it's clear to me that it'd make a lot more sense tomorrow, especially since it's only the 5th day after DL. So, I had a 6 day training week after all last week. No big deal. Today I kept wondering what I should do. Just some curls, some extremely light stuff. I think I'll do light bench. It's 8 PM and I think this light bench could benefit me a lot. I'd like to finish before midnight. It'll make me store a lot of energy. Appetite has been really inconsistent. Eating poorly. Had some mcdonalds yesterday and a moderate-sized order felt like I was choking myself. Almost ordered some kfc today but decided against it and deleted the app once again. I'd rather just order groceries - from 4 to 7 times cheaper than takeout lol, calorie-wise. I ran out of bean coffee and only have about 8 teaspoonfuls of that expensive instant coffee I last bought. Egoiste coffee. Cringy name but it's good enough for what it is. Coffee dehydrates, but what dehydrates more is prolonged load.

Workout - pretty late

Warmup - wall pushups, floor static holds, wrist stretches

Bench press

50 - 2 sets

70 - 4 sets around 10 reps

Wrist kinda really tired today, hurts, feels immobile. But I do feel right when benching.

Curls

17 kg ez bar - 2 sets of 15, leaning forward a little

37 kg ez bar - 3 sets of 15 - decently hard, but mostly due to forearm pain. That supine grip I had developed is still somewhat present but mostly gone back into an untrained state. No biggie! I'm more familiar with that ground now. Second set was way easier - almost no effort. Third set - felt good and awake, finally activated somewhat. And guess what? I'm gonna let it dissipate all over me. I'd like to believe this is the perfect edge for a light workout. I might be wasting my CNS, but I also might be keeping it awake, energized. It's a little silly to think that benching 70 and curling less than 40 kilos is wasting nerve power. It's just that my conscience is telling me that I like stimulation a little too much. It used to be a problem but in all honesty it should not be a problem today. A small, weird little insight into my psyche. Hm.

Yesterday, on the way home from all that business I really wanted to play some superhardcore FO4, but I had absolutely no energy. Thank God this has passed. Thank God my bad mood this morning passed. He helps! Thank you, God, truly and forever, please have mercy on me!

***

RPotD - Kalkar-Appeldorn, Burg Boetzelaer with sequoia, Kalkar ND 06. The tree is neighboured to by a tall spruce and by a much smaller European oak





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR