January 23rd, Friday - really nice overhead workout 😀

 23.01.2026

Nice day. Slept mediocre, was a little sleepy, gave a lesson, appetite pretty moderate, excitement some, creativity stable - more or less. Growing distracted, I have to admit. But I wrote and I am writing.

Workout

Warmup - pretty long; overhead stretches, all sorts of tiny dumbbell upper body pumps, rotator cuffs - inner and outer, L-flys as well as Г-flys. Heh, that's a nice name for "inner rotator cuff" work exercise - you know, the one that armwrestlers use a lot.

Overhead press

20 - 50 - 70 nice

90 for 5 pretty nice

100 for 5 - nice, arms even and a rare occurrence - my RIGHT side of the neck got cramped (usually it's the left one!) That is extremely peculiar to me. Super light. BUT I was not planning to do fives today. I was planning to leave a LOT of energy for PP.

108 for 2 - nice, great control

108 for 2 lovely

Push press

50 - first I did some front quarter squats, a break, then

103 for 2 nice, a little bit of pounding against my flexing right wrist

123 for 2 - so lovely, I haven't done such a well-controlled, direct-energy-transferral PP in ages 😀 BUT we are not there yet... We gotta solidify it all really well. Thank God for this success, truly and forever 😀☦

123 for 2

123 for 2 - Oh My gosh it felt so good! I really felt that "control" when lowering the bar - really nice! Exactly what I've been yearning for! And great speed and front rack! My January struggles are paying off! I'm pulling the bar DOWN to my shoulders and then stick my elbows forward just a little, some flexion of the serratus muscles on my ribs! Also I'm wearing tight medical wraps on my both wrists, making sure to flex hard and wrap tight (it's not the same as powerlifter bench wrist supports). Truly Thank God, now and forever! 😀 Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah! ✊😀☦

Alright. I gotta not forget about another pretty important concept - that being my ability to clean (and thus also do a decently explosive high pull!)

Clean - power clean

53 for 3

73 - 3 sets of 3 - feels nice. I think I'm getting closer to doing it right. My whole body is solid now as I pull; arms are not swanging around all over. You *are* supposed to have your arms flexed so they're tight on cleans, isn't that so?

Fingers sticky from blood squeezing out through skin, heh. That's what I assume it is (pretty metal!)

RPotD - a random screenshot from FO4 😀 Well, not random, I was playing with the new photo mode addon for the next gen version that barely works.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR