January 13th - Nice OHP and PP, still some front rack work

 13.01.2026

Unpleasant dreams I had, otherwise slept somewhat well, ate decent. Struggled but won, thank God, in my little quest to fix the toilet flush. It's been, on occasion, malfunctioning for years, I looked up some methods of how to do it on the internet but couldn't figure out how to disassemble it - mom helped, again someone helped me overcome my cautiousness when she took off the cover from the flush button and there was the access. I had to unscrew three bolts and tear out and clip one in order to open the hole, then partially break a plastic holder till I got the flusher and cleaned it and scraped the hellish rust with the knife off of it, as well generally brushed and sponged it. Put it back, had to tighten the little flexible pipe a couple times but it was there, holding the water in and not leaking. It wasn't done cause I put the frame that holds the flush button upside down and one of the bolts got stuck and couldn't be unscrewed so I had to tear it out and snaps its head off as well - that was hard, considering I tried not to break the tiles. So there's basically only one screwed in bolt and another one doesn't have a screw thread thingy and two bottom ones, completely rusted out had to be torn out. The flush button is wiggling but at least it's not leaking anymore. I think a much better flushing version is the kind where you pour in water only after you take a shit and then flush it. I dunno. Maybe there shouldn't be metal parts and such so it don't rust. Hmm.

I had such a good writing session on Saturday/Sunday despite going a little insane. Tried to get one yesterday but I was not doing it.

Today I'm not perfect, but I at least feel smooth and satisfied. I know I can write something while I have my remaining time here. When I get there again I'll be writing too, you bet your ass I will - if I get a chance to. It'll be different now.

Been playing FO4. It's been strangely more hardcore than it used to be. I kinda hate all vanilla weapons super much in that game, so I installed a bunch of mods, mostly shotguns and historical rifles, one mod for scrap AKs, a few mods for ARs (one scrap mod, one clean), Not installed Sim Settlements yet, that outrageous cartoonish mod - but you know it's a good one - genuinely, simply put, a good mod. Installed a mod for munitions - all sorts of calibers - and because of how many there are compared to vanilla there is, in fact, a super rare feeling of ammo scarcity. I really wish there more games like Neo Scavenger though. Or is it "NEO", in all caps? Games that just get down to nitty gritty somehow, to the smallest details, smallest things. That could be too much, heh. NEO Scavenger is a pretty great base for some really nice immersive storytelling. Very little graphics, but really good otherwise.

Workout

Overhead press - sets of 6

50 - 70 - 80 - 90 - 103 - pretty decent! You know, I think that tricep press I did yesterday is a nice accessory exercise. Feeling very little pain here so far.

Push press - doubles (sets of 2)

73 - messy

103 - a little better

113 - okay

123 - kinda lame, but I'm glad I managed it. The movement was the opposite of smooth with the barbell stopping completely at the lockout and then I pressed it out. The rack was nice and stiff, pain was moderate.

Quarter front squat - push and front rack accessory exercise

103 for 4 sets of 10 - 2 sets with a fingertip grip, two using straps to hold on to. Growing nicely red, but the air was flowing. Feeling some bouncing and pulsation in my left erector muscle - it needs better habit of being used like that. But also it probably has something to do with my weird bed. Hey, at least it's not my right side anymore, like it used to be for years (since 2016) an in the first third of 2020! So 2016-2020, that's when I had my lower right side issue. Now it's all very different. Also, I've been forcing my right hamstring, flexing it against my left quad - I kinda still wanna get it into a good spot. I wrote about it many times. It got somewhat overstretched - it's not weak in a stretched position (see DLs) but it's not great at bending my leg.

Cleans

53 - 2 sets of around 7 - I think I'm finding the "hip bounce" very well. That felt good, although I did feel like I'm done.

Managed to write a decent sized chunk, a "scene" although it's actually a part of a larger scene. Enjoying. As usual, it started feeling shitty but then got better and better.

RPotD

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_old_Borve_Bridge_-_geograph.org.uk_-_8089458.jpg




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR