December 26th, Friday - Deadlift 4 sets of 6 up to 258
26.12.2025
Very nice day. Sleeping schedule officially flipped - just after a couple days, two wacky days and one sleepy day. I slept very little at night, woke up at 5 AM and went to cook. Ate and went back to bed, but no sleeping. That's a part of it. Managed to enter a peculiar half-sleep later. Purchased groceries, new coffee. Carte Noir Premier Cru. A little cheaper than DeLonghi. Tastes decent!
It's snowy outside, but not too cold. I'm writing, enjoying it. About to start the workout pretty soon. But not right now...
***
Workout
Deadlift
20 and 70 for 20
120 for 10
160 for 6
200 for a bunch of half reps - well, I think I did 4 and on that 4th I pulled it the highest, just finger-hooking
230 for 3
250 for 6 kinda slow, not warmed up! Drat!
255,5 for 6 much better, cns starting to get aggravated
258 for 6 harder, a little messy, but better than the first set
258 for 6 - much better, good bracing, nice inflation. I forgot to load it to 260,5 like I wanted 😁 Not a big deal. Thank God for this, for it all, for how Good this set was! I worship Him with my muscle and metal - and so should you. It might seem like some weird contradiction to you; in your mind you be equating gyms and such with pride and perversion. In a way, you're not wrong - it's quite easy to pervert something as beautiful and simple as human body, strength, physical culture... Same as religion itself! Which is why you must welcome God to your gym - and help you lift metal, as well as deal with other stuff in your head, in your soul. Hallelujah!
Important note: my accursed/blessed curiosity compelled me to do a bit more of a "deflated/curled back" style of DL on the third set. That was a mistake! But I had to do it - and then to FIX it in the next set - to find out that it was a mistake.
***
The plate unload took me a very long time. I'm pretty exhausted, hanging out, talking to myself. BUT - my grip felt very strong as I pulled the plates off.
I have really been in the mood to pay some attention to my overall overhead ability, break my body into a good overhead lifting shape. I kinda wanted to do some 50 kg presses, nothing excessive. But at that point I was exhausted. I pressed the bar a few times - so awkward, like a huge piece of soaped-up wood, really tight back and arms, everything. We'll get there! Tomorrow we shall bench - it's gonna be a start of a new microcycle, so we'll make sure to do some volume - tens, probably - as well as some semi-heavy singles - 140-150, max power.
RPotD - cool bug; Brachyta interrogationis on a yellow flower.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Brahyta_interrogationis_a.jpg
Comments
Post a Comment