December 19th, technically 20th, Friday-Saturday - Light workout, talking about writing
19.12.2025
Thank you for your prayers. Thank God. Nothing particularly good happened but I just feel good. Today's supposed to be a rest day. My last DL workout was pretty light, so I expect I have a bombastic one tomorrow. So it's my intention to preserve some of my energy today. However, there's something today I really want to do and that is to have a light workout. A typical one, like I used to have, that gave so much energy - not a garage workout, but an upstairs one. And I also wanna work on some of my forgotten muscles, such as my neck. Not forgotten right now, since I've been working on it. And traps too, also not forgotten atm but are in general lol. (Cause I've been doing cleans). Shoulders, back, legs and grip never get forgotten. Lats - somewhat, but rarely focused by me. That's it, isn't it? The only muscles that I work really super consistently are shoulders, back and legs. And legs I struggle with sometimes. My ankle's getting better, it's been two weeks exactly since the last injury. They feel pretty normal, but they do hurt and itch before I fall asleep. I've been taking painkillers for a couple days this week just for this, cause it's distracting me so much.
I wrote very little yesterday. I have to follow my routine to get what I need. I read a lot of Mark Twain yesterday. Huckleberry Finn is a little easier to read than Tom Sawyer. Now that I'm a wannabe writer myself I'm noticing little things, little stereotypes, tics in his work. Just like I eventually started to hear the bass and drums and different frequencies in music, can tell how it's mixed. The basics, not claiming to be an expert. Back in 2020 I learned so, so much. Cause I wanted to. Creative. And you can sort of follow along with me, that part. Through the whole Summer and Autumn and December. Summer was Steel Of My Spear which I originally wrote just a cool little midi track in Spring 2020, before I even bought the electric guitar. Learned a lot during Summer, recorded it with my real basic abilities, tore my finger and had a surgery lol. Bought the drumset, started to learn to play. In Autumn 2020 I worked on "Brothers Of War". Silly basic song but I tried to make it meaningful, really badly mixed in the state I put it on Bandcamp. In first half of December 2020 I worked on that fucking contest by Farvann. Well, thanks to him, he helped me push my skills forward even though he completely ignored my song, not even mocked it. And that was a good one, a hot one I wrote even though you could argue it's elements of clown metal in it due to silly melodies, lol. That's just me. In January 2021 it was As Yggdrasil. The next two songs on the EP were Spring, and a super quick jam in June 2021 for the last song. I keep thinking about wanting to transcribe them. You learn so much by learning the same song over and over, technical skill. But you barely develop your creative skill. You have to dare to make new things. Spit in everybody's fucking face. That's how you make new shit. Never fucking ever listen to literally any fucking one. Just give them what you made and tell them to fuck off and thank you. Standards are for fucking retarded losers. Real men make their own shit.
So, I had one conventional brew 35/420. About to run out of coffee again. Made some purchases last night; I've been hounding a few books and another set of synthetic undergarments as well as underpants. A little obsessed with the idea of testing them against sweat and cold. And I bought a couple boxes of gingerbread again. I'm growing a little manic, a little obsessive, a little nervous, a little psychotic, Don't confuse psychotic with psychopathic, mind you. It's just that I hear banging in the pipes - and thank God I don't get neurotic, upset about it anymore - but it does so tickle my nervous system, puts me on edge. Fucking artillery shells didn't put me on edge like that lol. Funny stuff, the funniest. The first day I frigging got to the crossroads post I was on, fueling the generator, flipping the ewd's I had a fucking artillery strike pretty close to me, big old fucking smoke coming off there cause there was old grass I reckon. They weren't aiming for me of course for other artillery units around. And the fighter planes, lol, they sure woke me up one day early in the morning, almost right over my head lol, a pair of em floating alongside one another in sync, turning after they dropped their bomb. Everything's so close there, you know. Normal life and just a couple dozen kilometers away there's friggin warfare. That's why it's more of an operation than war.
So, the plan for today is some shoulder moves, some curls, waiter presses and tiny little goblet squats, just keep them moving. No excessive mobility or flexibility work, keeping that ankle safer.
***
Pretty late. Dealing with this overstimulation by cleaning the kitchen. That helped a lot!
I really write, do my normal thing. I think I can. I have a couple ideas. Should be lovely.
***
Did some writing, finally - it going, coming out like a stepped-on toothpaste. Thank God!
Workout
Flys, full range
2 kg dbs - 2 sets of 20 - half normal flys, half L-flys, arms partially bent, rotating outward into overhead position. Last time I did curls they hurt my outer rotator a little on the right arm.
6 kg dbs - 3 sets of 20 - feels nice, warm, just a bit of loading. Done that as superset with the other exercise -
Neck extensions with a harness
1 sets - just arm resistance, full range
16 kg kettlebell - 2 sets of 20 - from full stretch at the bottom, chin on chest - I'm way stronger now, although probably not as strong as I once was with my neck lol. The second set felt way heavier, I was tempted to start helping myself with my hands a tiny bit. That's a really hard variation, see, actually curlcing and un-curlign your neck - cause the neck's meant to be stuck stiff, unmoving, stabilizing.
Neck curls and calf raises against the wall
4 sets of 20 - pretty cool exercise. Short range, mostly just tension from maintaining structural integrity. Using a folded old scarf, real wool, for my forehead. Here, in the bottom position I'm pretty much kissing the wall while leaning into it and in the top I'm rolling into the wall with the top of my head.
Also done supersetted with the next one -
Squat
2 sets of 20 - hands on the windowsill, feeling and controlling
2 sets of 20 - 16 kg kettlebell goblet squat, turning a bit from side-to-side for an angle experiment. Ankles feel okay.
That's it - gotta remind myself that I'm **combining** a rest day with a light workout. And I enjoyed my writing a lot, dizzying me up better than any drug, not that I ever took any 😉 I'm a healthy boy. And you gotta write some stupid boring shit if you wanna arrive to the good stuff, to really feel it. You gotta hate yourself, heck, even shit on yourself, swear and berate and scream and smash shit up - but never ever delete your work, just keep it till it starts looking good 🤩😁
I have my light rubbers, neck harness and a construction pin lying all together beside the main equipment box. Gotta squeeze the pin a little bit too, three sets of thumb training - this time very easy stuff, much lighter than usual - cause I got deadlift tomorrow. Still, there's some pumping!
RPotD - View from the Upper City to the Lower City, Laon, Department of Aisne, Region of Upper France (former Picardy), France

Comments
Post a Comment