December 13th, Saturday - Clean and Press, learning clean technique
13.12.2025
Nice day. Not feeling great, angry. Ate, slept okay.
Clean and press
20 - 50 - 70
80 - 1 cl, 5 pr, 1 cl
93 - 1 clean 2 presses, 1 clean 3 presses - technique not good, but I feel close to "feeling" it.
93 - 1 clean 2 presses, 1 clean 3 presses
98 - 1 clean 2 presses, 1 clean 3 presses - I struggled at first when I but figured it out once I did the "shorter" clean and put on straps.
I think I figured it out. To do a high pull you have to push AWAY with your toes and lean back, sort of like that wrestling move, a suplex or what have you.
98 - 1 clean 2 presses, 1 clean 3 presses - okay
High pull and clean
73 for 1
73 for 2
73 for 2 - trying to figure it out
73 for 3 just cleans here - I think I found something, a little tidbit for myself...
Okay, so I'm cleaning from a standing position, I'm doing the 'minimal movement' power clean, trying to make it more weightlifting-like and less like a curl. So, I have some innate feeling of it, back when I was strong I had it - pull RIGHT against the gravity, see. Not sure if it's a good cue, but whatever. So, I'm testing this "leaning back". It sort of works. BUT when I'm lowering the bar - down to mid-thigh - I realized I DON'T wanna be leaned back, I wanna LEAN FORWARD - I guess so that I can counter-balance the trajectory when I lean back. You don't pull UP from there, you pull UP and BACK when you're pushing off with your toes, you're SHIFTING the weight from FRONT to BACK. I hope it makes sense! I'll try one more time, see if I can solidify it in my mind - and I'll try to do the "jump", you know, kinda like goats do, heh. Jump from toes to heels, onto bent legs. Good news - my right foot isn't falling asleep somehow.
73 - 3 cleans, 1+2 - I think I'm getting it. This ⬆ is a good cue, in regards to "back and front" movement in the high pull. Just a droplet of squeezed out, muddy nuance.
20 - 6 cleans, focusing on the "jump", on my feet actually leaving the floor.
I wanna do something else, literally anything else. Just a bit of dessert, heh.
Some experimentation with off-center two-handed press, just a 6 kg dumbbell.
One arm press
16 kg kettlebell - gripping it by the body, passing it from hand to hand - 2 sets of 10 per hand, strangely a lot of burn - passing it takes effort!
Squats
1 sets of 10 bodyweight
1 sets of 10 - 16 kg kettlebell goblet squat
That's about it. Please keep praying for me - and I for you, even though I don't know you 😀
Comments
Post a Comment