December 8th, Monday - Clean and Press, physical culture, rehab and findings
08.12.2025
Nice day.
Warmup - some, overhead stretches, some lower body moves, joint loosening in wrists
Workout
Clean and Press
53 - a few sets
73 - 1 clean + 2 presses, then 1+2
93 - same, 1 cl + 2 pr then the same
103 - 1 clean 2 presses, 1 clean 2 presses - that's nice, I could not do that quite so well last Wednesday. I'm considering just dunking the rack on OHPs always, at least for a period lol. You gotta have some athleticism lad! Stop depending on furniture!
103 - 1 clean 2 presses, 1 clean 2 presses - feels nice, powerful. I'm doing mostly a power clean a-la overhand curl, but I think the second set here was somewhat nice, technically.
103 - 1 clean 2 presses, 1 clean 2 presses - nice, not bad.
73 - one high pull, one clean
73 - 1 pull, 1 clean, 1 pull, 1 clean
73 - 3 pairs of pull and clean, in straps
Squat - gotta try and do something after all
73 - 5 and 5 - feeling more or less okay, the weight doesn't seem to be shifting to the side, no "corkscrew" feeling in the left thigh.
73 - 5, then 1, then 2 - left knee hurting, angle too sharp, right ankle too stiff.
Squats, BW - 5 sets, just trying and feeling. Things don't seem to bad. I gotta work through this knee tension while my ankle heals. Gotta make sure not to push it too far though. Cause when your knee is crunchy like that, sharp, it doesn't mean it's hurting, it means it needs to get used to this kind of load.
I had an incredibly fascinating realization on this 4th set of squats. The way you rotate your torso and pelvis changes the angle of your thighs/knees in squat. For me to avoid having an overly sharp angle on my left lef right now I just have to turn a little more to the right. Also I have been unconsciously putting more weight on the left side, for two months now since the injury - that's a fact.
God is giving my soul ease. I'm genuinely forging a spirit that doesn't care about things that don't matter - or shouldn't matter, or shouldn't be worried about. Neuroticism is a plague of the worldly. It's not punishment more so that self-damage. God gives me fire to temper my soul, His grace is the oil. Hallelujah!
I have genuinely discovered a decently balanced technique on the 5th set; you put weight on the right leg by rotating to the left, you sort of sit back on your right!
Goblet squat
16 kg kettlebell for 10
32 for 10 - great! Knee is great, ankle too! I think I've just been overworking and overrelaxing (afterwards) my right ankle when I worked on mobility. I'd punish it real hard and the next day it's wobbling, pulling after me cause I habitually have been putting most weight on left. Interesting hypothesis, thank God so much for this finding 😀 I am ecstatic, happy.
Later - some neck extensions, swinging 10 kgs all around, neck is already so much stronger. Tricep extensions with light rubbers, not particularly hard but close to burn. Thumb-pinching the big old electric pin - all that in a superset, 3 sets.
Some playing with the 10 kg plate, holding it flat-palmed with both hands, passing from one another; an opportunity for stretching. Then more pin-pinching, thumb work.
RPotD - Cliffs near Aberporth - geograph.org.uk - 481111.jpg

Comments
Post a Comment