November 1st and 3rd, Saturday and Monday, Bench and OHP/Squat, mostly light

 01.11.2025

Very nice day. Slept hard yesterday. Erectors pretty stiff on the right side, still cramping but not hurting anymore. Fiddled around all day. Gave a lesson, been a long time. That keeps me calm. A nice heavy workout keeps you really calm. And I'm generally softened. Don't got that itch that forces me to write now. May scratch it up. Fiddled around too much and it's super late, and it's a good day to workout. Hmm.

Workout

Warmup - wall pushups, pushup plank, variations

I wanted to bench today. Now I'm not sure. Lame! I can still do something.

Pushups - 3 sets of 30, pecs not perfect, a little tight on first set. Second - much better. Third set - good too, although left pec isn't perfect. The plan so far is to take 130 and just do sets of 4, focus on power, technique and flex-tightness.

Bench

50, 100 - kinda lame feeling

130 for 4 - nice, warmed up myself mentally, spoke with my own body - as cringe as it is it worked. Thank God!

130 - 2 more sets of 4, a little too quickly, snacking - did not feel very right.

The nighttime is the problem. I need more of my daytime to get writing inspiration. And yeah, I've been feeling calm in general. Don't like it too much, although I do, when I don't have something to do 😁

130 for 2 more sets of 4 - nice, easy.

I've been thinking that I should switch to "bounce" style of benching. The one with pausing against my chest, holding it - it gave good results for a while, but I feel like bouncing specifically, forcing my muscle to ACCELERATE the weight against the initial movement - that's gotta be more valuable.

After today's session, a super light one, I expect to have a lot of energy. And I think I'll lift tomorrow as well. I got plans on Monday and Tuesday. Now to do something else, today, perhaps something very light.

Calf raises

4 sets of 30 - full range, with pause as the top and leaning-forward stretch at the bottom!

Pretty tough stuff, doing it slowly like that. Works all surrounding muscles very much as well, which is what I need after my latest injury. Outer calf working just right.

Toe raises, sitting down - fun and possibly useful

3 sets of 30, some side bends added on second set, done through pain - gotta heal, I tell you.

03.11.2025

I've been feelign sorta ill, strange. Not bad, but just too strange. Exhausted, but not too damaged. Probably not ill I gotta admit. Sleep a little screwed. But feeling good rn.

Workout

Forced myself to get hot for writing... Managed! Too despaired, too bored with that *calm* feeling I've been having. That's what you get for setting PRs 😁 I said it before, PRs might be bad for your metal hunger! NEVER allow yourself to feel accomplished 😁😉

Warmup - nice, upper body, starting to have fun

Workout

Overhead press

20 for 20

50 for 20 hard

70 for 12 hard, delts hurting cause of how fast I'm forcing myself here! Focusing on lockout. No wonder I suck at lockout, I barely ever do it! What a shameful admission 😁

80 for 12 nice

90 for 12 super nice, not too hard, both strict and powerful, ass hurting from maintaining the correct posture 😁

Squat, heels on plates

50 some warmup

50 for 6

100 for 6 hips hurting

100 for 10 having all sorts of weird fun here, focusing on gut breathing, gut muscles - not abs! - fatigued. Lost count, not sure how much exactly I have done.

100 for 10 - counting better this time, focusing on doing the DEEP KNEE BEND, it's a real doozy, real weird movement! A lot of fun, got super sweaty in my new pants.

That's it. A double post. Don't wanna write about other stuff except that I re-stimulated my writing, I think. There is an endless well there.

Also I gotta focus on my cardio just a bit more. I've been dying too hard from all the powerful bracing I do, even on small weights. I'm sort of good at holding my breath. Isn't that interesting? I think I really need to buy electrolytes.

Dryopteris cristata



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR