October 29th, Wednesday - Rejuvenating light workout

 29.10.2025

Not a great day. I should have eaten when I woke up. I got over it. Not gonna deadlift today. I will have a nice high rep light workout though.

I often think I should have more light workouts. Then I think the opposite, I wanna have more heavy downstairs workouts. Usually I mean upstairs, room workout when I say "light workout". When I mean light workout with a barbell exercise I usually add a caveat, like light bench workout.

Now I again think about how light workouts are good. I haven't had coffee yesterday, a long time. I felt okay, good even. Interesting. Today I had a conventional pot, 35/435 - 1 to roughly 12 and a half, that was intentional. I felt okay and then I was gutkicked. I whined and complained and almost cried, that's how randomly bad you can end up feeling. How is that possible? Why is that happening with me? I wanna believe it's not a part of my character, that I'm just a heavily flexed softshell clam. But that might be me. All I really gotta do it flex on time.

Then I ate - very little! - and felt so much better. Read some of the cheap old books I bought. You'd think they'd be antique but they're cheap, almost a 70 year old print of Tom Sawyer and Yankee in King Arthur's Court books. Enjoyed it, strangely high reading comprehension, not too much caffeine buzz.

Workout

Wall pushups

2 sets of 20+ reps, a lot of strange places getting pumped like my wrist.

3 sets of 30

Starting to get dehydrated again. Dehydration is super bad. I only ever drink tea you know. Also - precening that thought - I was looking into buying electrolyte mixes. Apparently potassium iodine doesn't really work as electrolyte, that's not what it's for. I never take more than one pill per dehydration event though, don't worry.

Wrists and palms feel good, broken in. Some muscle you can warm up just by stretching it semi-forcefully. You know.

Pushup plank variations, wrist stretches against the floor - 3 sets; interesting straight-arm pushing, one arm into cricket or however you call it position. Trains your shoulders too. Mostly them, in terms of main mover, however the difficulty is in holding the plank. I forget all the fancy words.

On the third set here I've done something like that bird-dog except on feet and hands and ended with some cautious knee pushups. Pecs feel a little weird.

Pushups - 30 reps, decent and powerful, with some "cricket"-ing - i.e. pushing UP rather than forward - that felt very good. All that warmup and the result left me satisfied with this particular muscle group.

Overhead press - one arm waiter press!

10 kg plate for 1 set of 15 - haven't done that in ages. I'm not sure but I think I've done something like 50 - probably not as much - back in 2014/15. I was very strong back then too you know, in all those forgotten moves. I have one-arm pressed a 50 kg med ball! Not into a good fix though, heh.

20 kg, two plates - 1 set of 10. Wrist wobbly and tight on right arm, but somehow it was way easier with the right, with the automatic tightness rather than with the left. Makes you wonder. Also was way too afraid to drop them lol.

2nd set - starting with left, swapping hands after 5 - 10 reps. I can get used to it, it's a lot of fun, I can feel myself improving set by set. That's my 2020 meta lol, a lot of weird new exercises so you can set PRs regularly 😁 And they're real PRs you know, it's just they come from you training your smaller muscles more so than big ones. I can feel that you wanna focus on your thumb a lot in this waiter press.

3rd set - also 10 reps with a swap

4th set - 10 kg plate + 16 kg kettlebell on top - 5 reps left, had to take a break, it was almost to failure, that's how weird it is! 5 reps with the right - felt good! Consider that a micro PR - I've done something I've never done before! Worth adding a pr tag 😁

All that weird stuff made me wanna put a dinosaur training tag on this post. It's one of those tags I never use, I came up with that in 2020. Basic ones make more sense. And of course there's more sessions I haven't tagged like that, depending on the definition of the term.

10 kg plate - both hands press, 3 sets, focusing on wrists and evenness, some minor stretches and experiments a-la doing the steering wheel behind head, a lot of unusual tricep pump. That's gotta help my wrists stay stronger in a stretched position.

That's the whole deal I reckon, my stiff wrist is actually so badly damaged I might be unconsciously unable to flex it back all the way normally. That's how it works, doesn't it?

Squat and hip warmups/static holds/stretches - 3 sets

Squats - 2 sets of 10

I feel SO much better now. I'm back!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR