October 23rd, Thursday - Bench 143 for 4 sets, serious fails your gotta be aware of

 23.10.2025

Nice day. Riding fairly high since yesterday. Not much tired, almost at all, at least right now lol. Searching for lost clothing, upsetting - can't find anywhere. Just a hole in a brain! Or maybe it's just that the items I put somewhere are not there anymore, that's silly.

Warmed up real nice. Can't figure out some of my writing. I might be more of a pantser after all. Started my warmup and it went really well! I hurried downstairs.

Workout

Bench

20 - 60 - 80 stiff and uneven, somewhat

110 for 8

130 for 8 mediocre

143 for 8 mediocre but not bad. Wide grip, ring fingers on outer markings; I'm rediscovering benching with the sink into my chest! Let's see here...

143 for 8 confusing, messy but doable. I haven't properly *collected* myself, I tell you. Not very tight!

143 for 8 complete mess lol. Decided to go for a slightly narrower grip. All over the place. Last rep felt like I wasn't gonna do it, but simultaneously it feels like I'm just messing up the technique, the weight feels LIGHT! I really gotta go ahead and collect myself like I did last time!
Pecs nicely pumped, that's great. Also I'm kinda moving too fast between sets, silly me! I.e. waiting too little.

143 for 7 and a failed to lockout rep; then one more okay one - just like yesterday! A bad thing - I've gotten worried because of HOW I failed it. I dropped it on my neck and hit my head just a little, tweaked it out of the way. Didn't bother preparing it better!

60 for 2 sets of 8 - finished it by dropping (lowering very slowly) the bar on my neck; now it's more safe, put the rugs where the barbell lands. You can also put plates there.
You gotta be safe when you do this exercise, I tell you. Prepare it all very well. It's like a negligent discharge when you do what I did today. It's not good when no one gets hurt - it's just not bad, otherwise it's really bad. Gotta make sure stuff like that never happens, just be aware.

You know, interesting idea. This log that I'm writing, it's a piece of nonfiction. Isn't that funny? Imagine you had a goal of writing a realistic training log. You'd write it with your hand, sure. But it would be fiction. In order to write nonfiction you'd have to have someone train - or tell you about their training. It's simple, but it takes effort outside of writing. A bit of a mindblow somehow. You can only write a high verisimilitude nonfiction training log if you actually train. It takes more than having a keyboard. Isn't that interesting? It's like journalism, you could say. That's why authors who write about stuff that happened are respectable.

Squat

15 reps bw

3 sets of 15 reps - Goblet squat 16 kg kettlebell - just a bit of spice for cardio, make legs work at least a tiny bit.

RPotD




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR