October 20th, Monday - Oldschool overhead session, rediscovering Push press (how to rack?)

 20.10.2025

Slept very well. Woke up pretty early. Nutrition decent, above average. One conventional 35/420 - arabica's about to run out. A couple cups of instant coffee as I read, enjoyed. Brain is clear today, rare. I was bored, but it came, slowly. I wrote. Not bad stuff.

Workout

Warmup - a while, mostly upper body, elbows and wrists

Overhead press

50 - 70

90 for 5

90 for 3

100 for 3

110 for 1 one bad rep, feeling wack here. One unrack - it felt really wrong in lower body but good in upper body, strange; I didn't bother pressing - still not warmed up. Just so we're completely candid I came up with an idea to try 120x3 in ohp and 150x3 in PP... We'll see what happens from this point lol! You do need something to shake yourself up, don't you?

110 for 1 better. Just one rep, but it felt enough. I'd like to reach the warmup point and see what's there; so far I'm just not fully "in the groove". Let's consider the fact that bench loads up pressing muscles pretty hard, more than OHP does. I'm teaching my body to be able to do them together now. Close; lower body more flexible, almost a good jerk rack at the shoulders, at the base of the neck. Took off the belt - it's better for me.

110 for 1 nice. Good. Just one rep though, but I racked it very well and pressed from there. I almost have perfect arm proportions, almost - for the perfect jerk rack, that is.

110 for 3 - I think I finally warmed up here. Felt good, knew I could *try* to do it for three reps! Racked it very well, good inhalation. Some cramps right before the set, back and ribs cause I tested my inhalation ability. Could have had more food! Probably didn't need that second coffee cup.

110 for 5 - well nice, thank God 😀 Small seasonal PR I daresay! I remember a session not too long ago when I couldn't even get to it. Today, bump over bump - I got here. Good rack, good breathing, decent reps, especially the 5th one - GRIND! But it wasn't too slow again, my tricep works 😄 Hallelujah!
(P.S. from 27oct25 - I forgot I've done a good OHP 110x5 on 20th of September lol... That day wasn't great, just gotta prepare better!)

Push press

70 for 2 singles. Glad to be back! Forcing through tightness.

100 for 3 quick singles. Working through tissues! Fun stuff.

120 for 1 kinda lame, but glad I could do something at all. Considering wrist wraps...

120 for 1 better

130 for 1 managed a nice rep on second attempt. It's all about putting yourself back in the groove. I'm forcing myself there. Taking a lot of time here. Wore wrist wraps.

100 for 1 more - wrist wraps might have been a bad idea after all. I must test.

100 for 1 - I remember. Again I remember how to rack. Not like in jerk, no. Like Chemerkin. The bar is hovering, all muscles flexed tight, L-fly rotators and air, scapulas spread just enough. Then you unrack. Perfect air.

I'd like to imagine all the force I applied wasn't worthless 😁 We'll see next time...

Bench

50 for 5

70 for 10 peculiarly pleasant to do this now, after all this... Shame on me for enjoying bench so much 😁

70 for 2 sets of 10, quick

Thank God for today. And yesterday too - I took a walk, not just a walk but done some hill climbing, pretty extreme stuff. My leg is okay. Not perfect, but functional now unlike last Tuesday. Hallelujah!

Also I wanted to devote just *some* attention to my legs. Let's see...

Squat - some warmups and stretches, focusing on deep knee bend, on my toes

4 sets of stretches and static hold and partial moves a-la horseman stance, onto the bed

***

RPotD - Scaly-breasted Kingfisher




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR