October 18th - Bench volume PR 150 for 5x5, Squat up to 180x10 season mini pr

 18.10.2025

Nice day. Awake for 17 hours so far, but I slept okay and ate well.

Workout

A lot of warmup - wall pushups, rubber stretches for wrists, back and shoulders, pushups; pushups with elbows out for 30 reps - really nice, satisfying. One more set, mostly stretches.

Bench

20 - 50

100 for 5

100 for 5

150 for 5 - not bad, hard but no injury or cramps. That's the least pound-for-pound amount of warmup-to-working weight I've ever done... Impulsive, but lucky now. Thank God!

150 for 5 kinda lame, took too long to rest, too relaxed, not tight enough on the set, grip slipping

150 for 5 - much better, best ever 150x5 I ever done! Very tight, good breath, good grip, it's moving!

150 for 5 - okay, that's another good set! About 1 cm narrower grip, but I reckon that didn't help much.

150 for 5 - yes! Thank God! 5x5 with 150! Another good set! Volume PR!😁

Overhead press

50 for 5

70 for 5

80 for 2 sets of 5 - feels good enough, very easy albeit connective tissues feel on edge, as do arteries and capillaries in my head!

Squat

80 for 5

100 for 3

140 for 3

180 for 10 - nice, a seasonal micro PR given that I've done 190x8 recently 😁 Right before the set I figured I can do 12 but in the middle of the set I just decided that 10 is enough - technique wasn't perfect. Can leave it for later! Cardio is pretty good, no excessive gasping, liver barely hurt. Middle of left knee stretched out a bit - angle too sharp, probably due to right ankle tightness.

That's about it. Wanna write some more, see if I can do it after satisfying myself with the end of the session. I've written 2700 words today so far, mostly mediocre but some inspired stuff.

***

RPotD - cool gun! CAA AK-Alfa



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR