25.09.2025

Light workout. Enjoying reflecting on the book, thinking I might write a tiny bit tonight.

Curls

2 kg dbs - 2 sets

6 kg dbs - 3 sets of 20

Skier flys (not flies) - bent forward, dbs travel in a long arc from the front until complete lat flexion - a lot like straight-arm bent over rows

6 kg dbs - 1 sets of 20. Nice lat pump

Rings, floor supported pullups

2 sets of 15 - made it strangely hard for myself, my arms are burning lol. Second one even worse! It's crazy. I've been eating well! On second set I removed all leg use by putting my knees against the wall, so it was kinda like reverse knee pushups. Now I gotta "generally" compare it to normal pullups. Subjectively, empirically.

Pullups

1 set of 15 - kinda ugly, some heaving in the end but not too hard, good speed of reps. My upstairs pullup bar is very narrow, thus overhand grip is kinda not-nice looking. But that, I believe, doesn't mean the exercise is invalid.

I really wanna share my book with someone, anyone, but I feel like I shouldn't. Okay, here's the spilled tea - I've been working on what has become RW3 (rewrite 3, evolved from RW2 when I realized that the stuff I didn't NEED to rewrite WILL need to be rewritten - but not completely). I posted my chapter 8 (Harbor Springs Hotel chapter, cause numbers might change later) on r\destructive readers. The rules are strict there - you gotta criticize other people's works, usually super short bits of text, all less than 3000 words. I guess I just don't fit in with my genre. The mod wrote immediately that all my critiques don't count except for one, apparently. Sure, I've not made too "professional", except that's the whole point, isn't it? I can't be arsed with line-by-line BS and picking out words like counting coffee beans for one coffee portion... How I used to, lol. That wasn't too time-wasteful cause back then I had micro-portions. I guess I just have a different approach to art of writing, and my book only makes sense in its wholeness - i.e. short bits won't tell you enough. Concise it good, sure. Maybe I'm a noob, cause there's plenty of noobs who write too much, who give "stage directions". I've been writing a diary for almost 16 years now, although for a long time it was just a training log and an occasional forum message. I'd like to fetch my old training logs from my old laptop but they barely matter. Hmm.

All that academic shit, it frankly doesn't even desrve to be berated. Let them stew in their own juices, however they prefer - if they enjoy it. I appreciate people who manage to put up some substantial elitism behind their hobby - that's how we derive value and meaning, after all. We get to have something that not everyone gets to have, and it's all steeped in a semblance of meritocracy? Sign me up! Let's do some line-by-line word picking, discuss clarity and meaning... I'm all down! (obviously, I'm not)

Why? Cause I need speed, I need action. I got the need... Hehe.

My book is hyper-specific. No one is really going to give a fuck about gym scenes. People watch strongman for spectacle; in 2009 they literally SKIPPED the Apollo axle lifting in the tv show! THEY SKIPPED IT! Cause people don't care! Alright. I'm in it for the experience.

1 set of 15 - chinups - way harder. I did ten, then 2, then three. The first 12 reps were narrow grip, and the last three were medium-chinup grip and felt much easier. Strange. I guess I've just done a lot of reps already by this point! Very strong lat and bicep pump.

Measured my arms and chest. Not pumped to my absolute max, but what do you expect? I don't actually like swelling too much. I got 135 cms on chest - but that's with inhalation and lat flaring. Arms as per usual, 45 and 44 cms. Small! Don't care. Big arms will hinder overhead lifts. Shoulders matter more. In fact, I wanted to do really heavy curls today but I remembered my OHP experience on the most recent OHP session and decided I wasn't gonna do it. But I might do it later, when there's more time between it and OHP.

Squat

5 sets of 15 - left side of groin hurts a little. There were some tweaks yesterday, some gentle sting-cracks inside of my torso somewhere. Minor stuff, but I guess I wanna stay aware the best I can. On the third set I felt good, nothing was hurting.

I'm considering I oughta learn some drawing. Just basic stuff. I have my innate "childish" style, but never learned anything from anyone specifically. I used to love drawing Super Mario levels when I was 12. Then I loved drawing birds-eye landscapes cause I've been playing a lot of RTS games like Stronghold. Stronghold is super artistic, really beautiful and simply a fun game.

RPotD - nice waterfall somewhere in Georgia I think



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR