September 20th, Saturday - Nice Bench and Squat; TRAINING is for WRITING and OTHER ART!
P.S. I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT SO MUCH BY NOT WRITING AFTER TRAINING! GUHH! MUST ALWAYS CREATE WHEN BLESSED! ✝✊🔨⚡
19.09.2025
***
Well, it's technically 20th - shortly after midnight 😁 I ain't been feeling that well after that coffee abuse and morning deadlift, but I got better.
Light workout
Curls / full range flys superset
2 kg dbs - 2 sets of 20
6 kg dbs - 3 sets of 20
Drag curls / OHP superset
17 kg ez bar - 2 sets of 20
Lat pulls
Very light rubber - 2 sets of 20
Chinups - the "heavy" exercise of the day
6 sets of 4 - experimenting with pause in between reps, standing on the floor. Interesting. It's harder for barbell exercises if you do it. But in pullups it might be harder cause it makes every rep full range. But you don't have to hang, can let the blood in. I'm keeping it easy by doing low reps and more sets. Don't do pullups against the wall with a boner, heh.
Squats
6+6 kg dbs - 3 sets of 10
20.09.2025
Put em together. Nice day, sleep moderate, nutrition good, carbs too, pecs have been full despite bench being a long time ago.
Bench
20 - 70
Some addtional warmup here
100 for 10
120 for 10
130 - 2 sets of 10
My quick initial plan was 300 lbs for 3 sets of 10. I still might do something like that! This second set with 130 was pretty easy.
133 for 10 lovely
135,5 for 10 hard but nice... I really gotta learn to wait between sets... Can't do so quite well as I've rediscovered Warriors of the World album on my player heh...
138 for 10 done as 8+2 😁 I was feeling a little superstitious here, a little afraid for no good reason. I mussed up my technique a little, messy... I put it down at eight before I could struggle. I sat up, listening to Fight Until We Die. I started listening to it upstairs, before the set, and it was near the end; I convinced myself, remembered how I've done that before - broke up a set just a little and then got the "extra" reps very well; back into rack and two more reps, smooth and confident. All that today is definitely a volume PR and possibly a rep PR with 135,5 as a normal set and 130 as a broken set... So three PRs overall 😏
I tried to clean 70 kgs to lift it into the rack... One arm clean, that is! I almost got it, 😁 I held it for a second and tried to catch it with the other arm but it was too uneven; I caught it "in my hand" rather than on the shoulder - I had to put it down. Inspiring when you're like that 😁 Inspiring and inspired. "Rest days" like "yesterday" they do drain me on occasion lol. I've been trying to write today, I wrote two paragraphs... I feel something, I can definitely do something today, but I really have to be strict with myself when I have such moderate energy.
Also, pecs have been alright! I was pressing with my ring fingers on the outer knurl-markers. Pretty wide! And I was doing that "elbow lowering" I spotted on Matt Vena's video. I used to have a lot of issues pressing with my elbows "down" back in the day, in 2019; I sort of done some snapping, not to mention it all again. A scaredy cat! You gotta beat that coward shit out of young men like, my humble opinion. Kick their ass but make sure they understand they're not meant to be thrown away. Make young men feel like a tool, a useful important tool that they themselves need to master. Agh, if only, my past and all that. Slow growing! Evolution.
Squat
70 for 5
120 for 5 feels nice, all smooth, no creaking. Apparently my bench grip is barely 4 inches wider than my OHP grip, that's with ring fingers on outer markings. Obvious!
160 fir 5 🌲
200 for 5 - small PR 😃
Bunch of tiny PRs lol 😁 Hallelujah! Glory To One And Only, Lord Jesus Christ!
***
RPotD - Scena dal film Il viale della speranza

Comments
Post a Comment