August 21st, Thursday - DL Heavy Singles

 21.08.2025

Deadlift

20 - 70 - 120 - 160

200 for 2 overhand

230 for 2 - really taking my time here. Attempted an overhand rep before these 2, got it off the floor.

250 for 3 - slow, breathing, working on that cranial pressure

270 for 1 not bad, pretty casual but with enough effort

By the way, today's the final session of the 4th microcycle of my New Program. It's been about 3 months now I've been following it... Not bad I gotta say. Got some results.

275 for 1 hard, but speed was good. This is the first working set.

275 for 1 hard but moved fast... Stood one cm further back... It's one of those small tweaks I tend to do...

278 for 1 not bad, pretty easy

280,5 for 1 - too slow for my liking, but the movement was smooth

280,5 for 1 - better, faster, was feeling good. Need longer rest

283 for 1 - hard but smooth, pretty fast

285,5 for 1 - hard but good speed

288 for 1 - hard, slow but smooth, with only a minor speed change as I passed my knees. And it wasn't *that* slow in fact; this set was faster than the first set with 280. I was confident, really confident on these last two sets.

A workout is good. But a workout when you have a DIFFICULT, borderline UNREALISTIC plan and then you FULFILL it - that's a pretty big win, heh! Today's session is one such workout. It's gotta be an intensity/working weight coefficient PR of some sort, hehe.

Glad to report tissues feel generally okay right now.

I gotta dedicate some attention to SDLs since I'm worn out today. My CNS didn't warm up that much. Sleep has been weird - yesterday was really wacky. I slept through most of Tuesday and woke up at 5 am on Wednesday and didn't sleep after that for the whole day. Had coffee early, got hyped and started a new chapter - wrote a somewhat decent scene (start of ch 16), and then I just fell the heck asleep later at night. I gotta tell you something, when I used to play FO76 (not really playing now, waiting for the next update) - that helped my "routine" to some degree.

RPotD - Eurasian Coot on the Thames




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR