August 18th, Monday - Moderate Bench
18.08.2025
Nice day. Slept sweetly, could barely force myself to wake up - the room was warm and it was raining outside. That pasta I made provided energy. Coffee turned out okay - one conventional 40/480 and one messy moka that tasted really nice somehow. You have to fully crank the pot or it pops. But if you fully crank it it breaks off the thread.
Workout
Not feeling highly energetic I admit, but feeling good. Took me a while. Ribs have been hurting a lot.
Bench
20 - 50 - 50 - 100
120 for 5
130 for 5 with reverse rubbers - so it's 122 at the bottom. Feels good
140 for 5 same, rubbers
140 for 5 great, focusing on not pulling my scapulas too much, rubbers
140 for 5 good, without rubbers. The rubbers seems to be a nice way to warm up even slower. I'm glad about it today.
I have a lot more mobility than I think I do. I'm realizing you may not want to fully pull back your shoulders, not to an absolute degree. I'm pretty sure Julius Maddox doesn't. He's huge, that's an issue. I'm big too. If pull them too close my arms will be pointing out. You can tighten them, pull them a little closer when you're passing the sticking point - that can help a little. So many basic truths undercut by nuance. Same with bending back wrists. You have to do it if you're like me, even though "straight" wrists feel good too. Bent back wrists are very natural, cause you're not holding the bar on your damn fingers. It's still on top of a wrist, and the hand isn't IN BETWEEN the wrist and a bar as some kind of moving object.
I miss squats. I watch that video from July 30th and I wanna do squats. But my DL tweaks are everywhere. Can't do nothing heavy today. Pray for a good DL this Wednesday!
Squat
2 sets of 10 - bodyweight
2 sets of 10 - 16 kg goblet squat
Bench today was semi-decent. I wanna become injuryproof with my pecs. I reckon scapula control is one of those key ingredients... And I also made sure to control my neck as well, make sure it doesn't pull on my pecs. Julius Maddox's technique has gotta be the answer... Big guys don't arch very much at all.
RPotD - File:Makarška beach 3 - panoramio.jpg

Comments
Post a Comment