August 13th, Wednesday - Curls and pullups, writing
13.08.2025
Technically already 14th. Nice day! Third day of having my mind stimulated - been reading House of Leaves, interesting, no spoilers. I really hope there is NO interview with the author... Don't wanna have stuff ruined, my ideas. Had one 40/480 nice conventional, one instant coffee, talked about how humans are "beings" rather than "programs" or "apps" - we're the ones who make apps, that's how you gotta see us. Just a detour, a reminder... Managing to write nicely, as well as rewriting a lot of stuff again and again and again, new ideas, focusing. Mostly just poor phrasing. This House of Leaves sometimes makes me feel like it sort of limits my vocabulary, hammers in; it sounds to me too much like how I think. I'm dumber of course, not that it matter; that's why I say I feel rather than think or know or even believe, a level of speculative uncertainty, one of my biggest Socratic problems that makes me look non-solid - well, fuck those who demand you to be "solid" cause they don't know what the fuck they asking for. Just a bit of thinking here, hehe...
Workout - light one
Warmup - bicep with rubbers and spring expander, hung onto the pullup bar - elbow elevated
One arm curl, leaning forward a little
16 kg kettlebell for 10
32 kg kettlebell for 8. Pretty hard! I'm trying to keep it as strict as possible while going for a good enough rep range. Making sure to start the movement slow.
32 kg kettlebell for 8 - put some real effort in it, slower reps, heart beating surprisingly hard, cramped my right pec.
Well that's it for the bicep focus - I wanted to devote attention to lats initially, but I figured if I work on bicep first that oughta do some more for my strength. And I can tell you it did, cause I wouldn't have picked such a strange hard movement as a second exercise.
Ring pullups, floor supported, using legs (squatting up a little) - normally I just call them "floor supported ring pullups" but today I felt the need to clarify additionally how I do it. This exercise really helped me when I couldn't use my finger! Cause you can vary the load and just use your wrist, although these here are kid sized rings, small and slippery, too round to get a good wrist grip.
3 sets of 10 - keeping in intentionally chill, sort of using it as warmup
Chinups
3 sets of 6 - focusing on the upper part as well as acceleration through the move, with soft pauses at the bottom. Shorter breaks. Almost reaching the ceiling with my head! Tissues aren't perfect though, I admit. Very fun.
Pullups, medium-narrow grip
2 sets of 6 - they kinda feel more powerful than chinups, I can hold at the top easily. Funny! Forearms have no space in em, tissues fighting one another. I gotta do more rep work for my forearms or something. That's why I have these rubber grippers here... When I was sixteen I used to go crazy on a tennis ball, completely ruined it. The pump was crazy. How come I never ever had any cramps when I was young? Probably creatine, hehe. That's not a euphemist; I am a natural lifter. Have to proclaim it sometimes! Getting a nice pump in my arms from these pullups as I WRITE. I am actually writing RIGHT NOW. Crazy! It's not perfect, but it's moving, flowing, good. Ending the rewrite of the November chapter. And it sort of got a new name; it's a radical rewrite.
That's it. Third set of pullups done and I think I might have finished The November/Opera chapter rewrite. It took so long! It's been two months of me rewriting The City arc. I wish I could share it. Two years ago I outlined it. Now I wrote it. Just my hands, no ai. The ai is helping with my vocabulary. But I am very precise and very picky. My duck.ai is littered with pages of synonym requests. List of synonyms. And I've also been gathering all the synonyms I've been using - actually using, that is, when I rephrase something - in my L.O.L.O.S. - List Of Lists Of Synonyms, hehe.
Did some thigh squeezes and rubber curls / static holds - almost cramping. Bicep pretty solid now, not like it used to be for quite a while.
Darn man, I gotta tell you, working out and writing at the same time is fricking awesome. Must go it regularly! Also, please pray for me - I'm feeling positive and I need your help to stay that way :D
"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over." - Matthew 18:15
Heh, I had a lot of these moments back *there* you know. Except I was obviously the sinning brother and it was everybody's job to tell me that, in public and in person 😁 I'm being humorous, just so we're clear 😉 Also, they finally fixed emoji search 😀
RPotD

Comments
Post a Comment