August 1st and 3rd - failed DL and tweaking pec on bench

 01.08.2025

Nice day, really nice. Yesterday wasn't nice but it ended up okay. I ordered takeout for the first time in a long time. A great amount of food. It cost as much as 8 kgs of pork. I ate it all and was hungry this morning. Japanese, sushi. I ate it all on my own and watched anime, cause that seemed fitting for the moment, lol.

Today's the second session in the last microcycle of our "New Program". 270 for 3 sets of 3 and some extra volume. Should be hard! It's pouring. I'm listening to jazz on the speakers and enjoying writing. I had a couple instant coffee cups today so far and one moka. Finished it just now. It's not enough.

Workout

deadlift

20 for 10

70 for 10

120 for 5

163 for 5

203 for 5 kinda bad technique, weird

233 for 2 done as 1+1 - obviously, I could have done a lot with this weight if I pushed myself, but I came to realize I'm really tired and my CNS is seriously fatigued... And I did have a kind of a serious and very nice squat workout just one day ago. And yesterday was kinda bad, made me feel like a brick being thrown onto pavement from second story. Not shattered, but likely not very solid.

Overhead press

70 - 3 sets of 8 - you know, it's nice. Nice and easy, shoulders feel strong. Maybe I'll do something tomorrow.

03.08.2025

A lot of wrst/tricep stretches and wall pushups. My right wrist is working against my tricep!

Bench press

20 - 73 - 93

123 for 15 not bad, but not fully warmed up here

123 for 15 feeling better

123 for 12 + 3 - had a mishap here, popped my right upper pec in a typical fashion. Ran out of power, paused, did three more. It's only a pop, a little overstretching. Nothing too troublesome, but good enough to avoid reproducing it. Gotta stick to my medium grip with controlled elbows, the best I can put it. Let's see what set 4 will be like...

123 for a few reps - the tweak is hurting, that's gotta be it for today. Not the first time I've handled this issue; you just gotta be patient and try to have decent recovery.

Flys, full range

2 kg dbs - 3 sets

Squat

3 sets of hip/squat static/dynamic stretches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR