July 27th - DL 240 for 5 sets of 4
27.06.2025
Yesterday I was super sleepy. Finger is better. Yesterday I fell asleep and decided it was good enough to postpone the session to today. Meanwhile I think a part of me had gotten super relaxed. Super soft, affected by weather and air pressure. My nostrils are clamping down automatically on DL right now.
Had coffee, had another coffee while reading; ended up at a positive moment in book. Tried to write, but I have to say I'm not exactly there. Body and brain are so soft, soft like jelly. Been eating and sleeping well though.
Workout
Deadlift
20
70 for 15
123 - 163
203 for 4 - straps, finger exudes pus but otherwise holding up
240,5 for 4 - kinda hard, too soft, not generating effort
240,5 for 4 - a bit better
240,5 for 4 - about the same, lazy and soft, nostrils closing, so annoying to be like that lol. Wound recovery probably does something to your body to make you soft like that. And the weather isn't helping! But at least it's not super hot.
240,5 for 4 - both getting easier and lazier. I might not have enough grit to do the extra stuff. But I might have enough to do the volume part. Just gotta make sure not to have too much liquid in my stomach. Quite bothersome during DL, vomity. That's why you want a break between coffee and a workout. It takes a lot of mental drills to establish a good CNS warmup routine before you're actually working out. Thankfully, I have it in me, in my yearlong habits as well as my genes, as I believe.
240,5 for 4 - good, the best set today. The player ran out of energy and I wasn't refluxing acid as much. Important detail - I focused on my grip here. Usually I prefer either the skin-tearing mixed grip or the strapped monkey grip, with the thumb not opposing the fingers. But today, due to my cut index finger, I had to do the opposing thumb grip on the straps. It's awkward. But on this set I put some extra effort into thumbs. That helped! 5 sets of 4 with a weight that's technically 82% of my max is not any small feat. It's volume! The fact that I overcame weather is laudable too, I believe. Overall I wasn't great, but the improvement in effort from the first to last working set was. Hallelujah!
Comments
Post a Comment