July 14th, Monday - Light DL, overhand grip small pr, rare heavy Curls

 14.07.2025

Nice day. Not sure about my physical state. I sort of slept relatively well the last two days. Ate decent - but over twelve hours ago by now. Carbs and protein, a lot of them. The weather isn't quite as oppressive but still I'm sweating a lot, high humidity.

I need peace when I try to read. I'd usually go to the kitchen and read there in one of the comfortable chairs. But I get really bothered when I can't read cause someone is demanding my attention. I don't wanna be a rager though, not anymore. My soul is a lot more solid. I moved to the porch. There's a bunch of old sofas there. They're gonna rot in Fall. Not good. They're already rotting. How to deal with this? Anyway, I sat down and read quite a few interesting as well as confusing parts of House of Leaves. There's a bunch of little semi-obvious quirks and nods in it, as well as a great amount of invisible things. Very curious. I really recognize a lot of my own thinking in it, the things I thought about writing. Verisimilitude. Inflamed brain.

Workout

Warmup - went to take a dump and realized I can't allow myself to wait anymore.

Deadlift

20 - 120 - 163

It's really humid. I feel underrecovered. Last Monday it was a dry, chill day. And now a whole week of hot and humid. My sleeping has been bad. Rolling in sweat on top of a towel. Bothersome thoughts. Please pray for me by the way. I reckon I'll have to drop my efforts in contacting one type of pencil pushers and contact someone else. They literally ghosted me after telling me what documents I need. I ordered those documents the next fucking day and got them two days later, after the weekend. And now it's been exactly two weeks of being fucking ghosted. All messages left on "unread". But I have hope. Even though last Thursday I had pretty much a fucking breakdown.

And yeah, I feel weak and fragile on DL today. I'm supposed to do 6 sets of 2 with 280. That's the plan anyway. Close to 95% - and before last monday it'd have been 99%. But now I know I'm stronger. But I have doubts today. So far I decided I might go for a semi-proven "turning a heavy workout into a light and a heavy workout rather than a failed workout". We'll see. If I feel super good I might go for it. It's hard to discern between wisdom and weakness in this situation. Last time - yeah, I've looked it up - on June 21st - that was a fail. I reckon I wanna accumulate some more energy. Just 3 sets of 6, that's my plan. And Wednesday is gonna be a classic one.

193 for 6 - 3 reps semi-decent overhand, 3 reps mixed. I really must have loaded my ass with my two sets of squats on Saturday. Why? What did I do different?

193 for 6 - 2 reps overhand, 4 with straps

193 for 6 - 4 overhand, one half rep, some waiting, one mediocre rep, some more waiting, one very good and confident rep - and I racked the bar. Feels good! This is a mini grip PR.

My index finger tips though, they're thoroughly squished. Sticky, feeling like they're bleeding through pores. Probably nothing that drastic, but it is one unpleasant type of a load for them. If I was doing a hook grip something similar would have been happening to my thumbs.

Curls

6+6 kg dbs - 3 sets of 15

37 kg ez bar for 15

57 kg ez bar for 2 sets of 12 - first set pretty nice. Starting to become afraid of future cramps 😁 Lovely pump. Second set was hard. Forearm swollen in that weird way I forgot about, looking like a log lol.

My arms are really small compared to the rest of my body. Comparatively, comparing to average gymgoer physique. Even comparing to weightlifters cause they're lean. And powerlifters - they have bigger tricep cause they love bench way more than I do, even though I am currently going through a bench phase heh.

Man, I got wayy to much blood trapped in my forearm, especially left. That's what you get when you don't train to pump! I got enough motor neurons to shove insane blood in there, but not good vascular system to get it out fast.

I wanna believe I got old time weightlifter / short strongman proportions, but that's me mostly flattering myself. Limb-wise - sure, I got what it takes. Thickness wise - I'm a heavy trainee, a dinosaur style all-around lifter. Zercher was participating in all-around weightlifting. A really cool guy - 61pwcc on youtube - also takes part in it. That's why I chose Blogspot. Cause of ditillo2.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR