July 5th, Saturday - some OHP and very light Squat
05.07.2025
Thinking, planning. I am sort of building up for a bing bench workout. Bench is sort of in second place, after DL. Not actually pushpress. It's reasonable - my bench has been in a hole longer than my PP. Phrasing, lol. Not intentional! Ten years of having a 140 kg pushpress. Not bad? I wouldn't say that. MORE than ten years of having really poor bench. At least in PP I reached a round number! In bench I was weak. But my modus operandi requires OHP, it does - and it's good.
However, today's workout is a question. How and what for am I working? For the heavy bench workout ahead. I think I will do some kind of pressing on Monday - that's where I decided to place my next DL workout. It should be very good - I hope. And given all that energy pumping, Wednesday bench workout should be very good - if nothing goes wrong after the DL workout.
I'm afraid of PRs sometimes. PRs deflate you, make you lift light after you achieve them. But I need them. I will chase them, achieve them and become stronger. Because I enjoy it. And because (I try to) devote it to God. Literal asceticism, in the true meaning of the word. Not abstinence. Exercising. Asceticism that is not for myself, not for others - for God.
Workout
Warmup - some, pretty stiff after yesterday but got decently loose.
Overhead press
20 - 50 - 70
90 for 3 decent, smooth enough. It's a very light weight... But I will work on strength. Put in effort - so next week we can lift really, really heavy. If all goes right. Please pray for me, please keep praying!
93 for 3
95,5 for 3
98 for 3
100,5 for 3 very nice.
Squat
50 - 1 set of about 5 reps
50 - 2 sets of 10
Working on developing better ankle mobility, sharper angle. I believe I need it since I have more issues with my hip than I do with knees. I wanna put more strain on my knees and off the hip.
My left calf looks huge, borderline unnatural. What is up with all the water gathering up down there? I've had my shins swelling with water since I was 14. What is it?
You know, I think I might have a mild for of edema on my legs. Sure, I have big calves, strong ones too. But that swelling - although it's only my shins that develop swelling - that might be a sign of it. Woe! That might be one of the causes as to why I still haven't fully healed that shin bump. The skin itself healed, some scar tissue grew, but it's still dark like I just bumped it. I might need full golfing socks.
Put on one pair of my red golfing socks. You might have seen them in some of my DL videos from old times, heh. "Good moments 2015" I think. In 2020 that was just five years ago. Five years of a hole! I talked about it before. This, current decade - it started great for me. It started with a PR, 260 kg deadlift. Two years later - 280,3. A year and a half later 280,5 lol. Five years later - 283. Hilarious! But I know I'm way stronger than my recent 283. And we will work on that on Monday. Possibly wearing these golfing socks. Singles and doubles, that's the plan. Forget the triples even. Just singles and doubles...
Squat, bodyweight
4 sets of 10 - you know, sometimes I feel like I'm overthinking squat, too much focus on technique instead of just warming up and letting my muscles move in their natural angles. If your natural angles are wrong then you gotta work on that, sure - but are they? Sometimes you worry too much.
Comments
Post a Comment