July 2nd, Wednesday - light OHP
02.07.2025
Please continue praying for me. I'm close to resolving my issues but the 'clerical office' was either not working or missed my message. Will have to write them again - last communication was a week ago...
It was hard, mentally, to work out in April. I wanted to drop it all and go away for the Summer. If the issue had been resolved by then I'd have done it.
Now I'm hip deep in this new DL program, heh. And a new way to write. Soul changing, growing. Muscle of the spirit. Not easy! There are a lot of failures, and bad ones. But God is merciful. Our Father! When all are gone He is here.
Today I'd like to do some OHP. Just some. So I can have perfect energy and power for my upcoming Bench press session. It's sort of supposed to mirror my DL training, but I gotta admit it's mostly intuitive microcycling - from lower weight high volume to heavy weight even higher volume. It's funny, but I feel like the number one definition for "volume" is "amount of sets" rather than reps, you know? I've talked about it before.
Slept well. Appetite has been fairly moderate. May want to take some probiotics or something. Awaken the stomach bacteria. Too moderate! Or, better yet, just buy some nice fancy food. Like cheese. Does bacteria like cheese? Probably not as much as it does vegetables.
Had one cup of instant coffee while listening to music. Ashcloud and Commander. 2019 vibe. Ashcloud have a really nice album from 2017. Commander is just a cool band.
Thinking of doing sets of 6 with 90-95. Should be very easy. A good, long warmup, like I'm gonna bodybuild with my OHP - only to do measly sets of 6. I don't want nothing to creak and scrape and chafe today, a good, warm, bouncy warmup, pumped up without fatigue. Then the working sets, very easy.
Workout
Warmup - quite a lot, distracted, pressing 37 kg ez bar
Overhead press
20
53 for 10
73 for 10
83 for 8
93 - 4 sets of 6 - first set was hard (quick warmup), rest very easy. I felt like I wanted more. Perfect!
Squat - bodyweight
5 sets of 10
Comments
Post a Comment