May 31st - Decent bench for sets of 3, light squat for sets of 6
31.05.2025
Nice day. Horrible, hot, humid weather. Nutrition at the lowest. But I ate today. During the day. That meat and apple puree I made yesterday sure burned my ass, heh. Right after I smelled the coffee. Enjoyed the first coffee. Enjoying writing, albeit a little chaotic. New stuff, over old outlines. A lot of really, really new stuff - in my own voice.
Workout
Some warmup - pushup static variations
Bench
20 and 70 upper pecs hurt a lot - but not fragile
120 for 5 not bad, painful
150 for 3 - lovely, easy, not as painful - feels good, I know I'm stronger
150 for 3
150 for 3 - easy, I love it
155 for 3 - hard, but I did it; some fairly minimal arching on the third
155 for 3 - great, much easier. As I was pressing the third rep my ass jerked automatically but I didn't have to bridge at all - it was easy enough.
Left shoulder getting a little impinged against the bench all the time. Need to find a way to deal with it.
90 for 25 partial reps - gotta give the other cells some attention as well. Turned the bench a bit more to the right side - I think it might have helped with the left shoulder a little.
Squat - sets of 6
70 - 90 - 110 - 130
Interesting thing - I tried squatting in new crocs today, instead of weightlifting shoes. They have some heel; it was sort of comfortable, but it did stretch my hamstrings. On 130 I switched to shoes and maybe I just imagined it but it was really easy in regards to ankle and ham mobility. May want to incorporate more flat-heeled squats.
Comments
Post a Comment