June 19-21 - OHP & Squat, Light bench, shortened DL
19.06.2025
Nice day. Weird. Slept strange. CNS going up and down. Really shaky. Otherwise great, feeling good.
Workout
Been writing, stumbling over words but still ended up kinda good - the book I'm reading for inspiration very directly influences what I write. I need to find that one Mario Puzo book... But it's been slowing me down today.
Warmup - some, shoulder a bit better especially after some time. All sorts of flys and dancing moves.
Overhead press
20 - 50
70 for 10 very easy
80 - 90 - 100 for 5 easy
110 for 5 - pretty bad, technique inconsistent but I'm glad I did it. I made sure to go on ahead and spend a few seconds really grinding out the lockout on the 5th rep.
Squat
110 - 5 sets of 5 - keeping up the energy. First I did 3 sets with very short break, then a longer break and two more sets. It wasn't perfectly smooth, warmup wasn't very long - otherwise it's all pretty nice, the 5set set was near perfect feelings-wise.
20.06.2025
A lot of crazy writing
Bench 100 - 3 sets of 10
Some squat stretches
21.06.2025
So, today we're starting our second microcycle. The first one was good, second - close to good, I just didn't recover right, and now the third one. 250 for 5 sets of 5, done perfectly.
Some decent writing
Workout
Warmup - some
Deadlift
20 - 70
120 - 160 for 5
200 for 5 - one rep overhand, 4 in straps
230 for 5 not bad
250 for 5 kinda messy. Three okay reps, one mishap rep, another mishap that would have been an okay rep if my skin wasn't hurting, one very uneven rep.
It's so hard to recognize whether or not I'm in need of taking a break. I've been feeling kinda mediocre since yesterday morning. There was some nice crazy writing, focusing on a somewhat stress moment in the book. Chapter 13 really expanding. It's been cold. Food has been not too great either. Hmm. Bench was also really lame, painful before third rep. On third rep I made sure to bounce it well.
Alright. Judging by the most objective info I have I'm gonna have to turn this session into medium-heavy-medium by cutting the working sets. But I think I will do some accessory work. Just some, to stimulate muscular reshaping more so than growth. I need to save energy. I wanna have a decent workout on Monday too, you know.
Still legged Deadlift
110 for 10 (might have done 12)
120 for 10
130 for 10 - kinda harder than I expected! Mostly on behalf of bracing, it loads up my cardio. Very interesting sensations here! It was all a proper stiff legged DL, legs almost fully straight - not overextended, important to avoid that. All with a pause on the floor, i.e. from the floor, not up and down in air. All done with the bar above my toes, but also simultaneously trying to engage my lats/midback etc. On the first set I was positioning my legs wider; eliminated that on the next set - that makes it easier and it's different from my normal technique. I'm not tall enough to do "wide stance" conventional DL. That made me happy.
Comments
Post a Comment