June 16th, Monday - Hardest and heaviest DL session in a while

 16.06.2025

Nice day. Ate very well, slept mediocre. Irritated throat/nasal cavity and frontal lobe - been smelling darn pain quite involuntarily. I told this story before, but I once worked out in a freshly painted gym and that made me sick to no end. Similar sensation now. Lighter, thankfully.

Workout

Deadlift

20 - 70 - 120 - 160

200 for 1 good overhand rep, one failed; three mixed grip ones

230 for 3

263 for 3 kinda hard - distracted a little, writing upstairs, feeling not warmed up

263 for 3 better - pace not perfect, took a pause before third rep but it was a really good and smooth third rep. Summon EFFORT - you have it all!

268 for 3 - not bad, two good reps with mixed grip, one fail - too much technique twiddling, gathered myself and did the third rep - hard but smooth.

270,5 for 3 - eh, not bad I guess - one good mixed grip, short pause - skin is strangely slick, chalk clumping up - possibly due to high humidity - one hard rep mixed - another break - put belt up high, straps, narrow stance, forced myself to do the third rep - hard but smooth, more or less.

Mixed grip feels so much better, it feels so much more natural than fiddling with those wacky straps of mine. My old leather straps were easier to use, but they were much bigger in volume.

270,5 for 3 - really hard. First rep was okay, slow but steady; skin suffering - took straps. Second - hard. Put it down. Had to pause. I knew I needed some time. Finally, switched to the next song, Thank God it was fitting, tied the straps; didn't take too long to think - "Air, acceleration, power!" - mu little mantra, three times; started to pull after the third one, after feeling the cracking in my ribcage on the inhale - it sped up, up to the knees and very slowly, awkwardly, past them; I tried to even out my feet, my center of mass. The bar was uneven; my left side, left side of ribcage partially collapsed, tense like a jaw - I managed to untangle it, straighten myself; I felt the flexion in my right obliques, I felt it all over as I stood up and released the breath, and took one in - I knew I needed oxygen to rack the bar; I walked back a couple steps, stiff, careful, balancing the bar like a huge seesaw - and I racked it; took in another large sniff of air immediately - gotta avoid the blackening, you see, hehe.

That was it! It retrospect, it was a good choice to take a pause, to pray, to ponder on the nature and sincerity of my prayer before the third rep - but I did it well. I felt the strain, the stretch in so many different places; it feels good, but it's a strain for my CNS similar to what I'd experience in a life or death situation, it feels like! Like, not when you're in danger, but when something ACTUALLY happens, you know what I mean? heh. The skin all around and even inside my ass, it stretched and strained! What a feeling, what a strain.

Thank God for this successful workout! I think it's an intensity/volume PR - i.e. I've never done such a heavy weight for this volume (5 sets of 3). Not bad for someone with 5 hours of daytime sleep and huffed paint!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR