June 11th - Deadlift 260 4 sets of 4
11.06.2025
More or less nice day. Was a little anxious before I went to bed. Going back to struggle with that clerical error. I think I might end up taking a more direct approach in the end. If I can't find anything out. I have a few different things to try before I go there.
Today I have 260 for 4 sets of 4 planned. This feels easy. Ate semi-decent. But it was hard to fall asleep, as I said. I enjoyed writing and having fun yesterday. I've been playing New Vegas and FO76, intermingling them together. Weird feeling! But you can tell it's naturally the same game, more or less. FO76 has so many nice little ease-of-access features. If only new the Fallout games were more gun-nutty like New Vegas was. I wanna play Tarkov to find out more about it, but honestly I'd rather just go there personally 😁 Too tired of it all, too boring. Writing and working out are the only things that are fun. Gaming, in turn, is a part of creative process, same as reading.
I'm very angry. And I need to keep that anger. But I'm no longer hateful. It's no longer a dark cloud like it used to be. I'm sharp. And I'm dumb, very. But I have something now. Hard to explain, I know. I don't like the word "something" quite very much. I have... I have a new feeling of grit. I do. It's not the only thing I have... A new quality. A new perception of things and people. A new image in the mirror. Different, oh so different from 2023 and early 2024. I am becoming what I wanted to become in 2022. Took me a while. Changes. Small changes, step by step, many steps back - still, I ended up far away from the 'bad place' in my head. Things do happen! They do happen. Not "nothing happens". We do things. We don't just wait for them to happen. Even we do it slowly. We can do it. Pardon my obscurity - it takes some skill to understand me, doesn't it? Heh. I was praised for my exegetic and typological abilities back in the University. Not always, but I got good at it. Sometimes I wanna go back there, see what I can do.
Workout
No warmup, as it happens; went downstairs and just started the workout on a whimsy.
Deadlift
20 - 70 - 120
160 for 4
200 for 4 - two poor overhand reps, two with straps; they were poor but at least the barbell was rotating very well! And I improved the second rep after the first one. Still not wearing belt here.
230 for 4 - in belt
260,5 for 4 - not bad, first three reps; they were a little slow, and I had to take a pause before 4th, despite decent speed on first three. Did the 4th one with mixed grip. Isn't it peculiar?
260,5 for 4 - much better! Feeling confident here. Used high belt, stance automatically switched to sort of narrow. Bar close to shins. Makes sense, all this. They're not extreme changes, they're just variations of how I lift.
Also I gotta I've been forgetting my idea about accessory work... What a shame 😁
260,5 for 4 - nice. I had a mishap on the 4th set and had to take a break; again, I shifted technique subtly and went for a midbelt and mixed grip. 4th one was slow but confident, good grip. The supinated forearm, I believe, helps a lot with the angling.
260,5 for 4 - not bad, I guess - again, three reps quick enough, a sting of doubt, a pause and a fourth. I wonder now if I could have been eating better or anything like that.
Today, despite all minor faults, we've achieved a rep/set PR - we've never done 260 for 4 sets of 4 before. Stomach was empty! And I kept doing it weird, with three reps in straps and one mixed. Hmm!
I think I'm gonna go soon. Sure, it's an endorphinated thought. While I'm angry, I gotta pack my shit, try to get it all back right there, at the base. Then for another holiday, since I'm there anyway! Heh.
RPotD - Water tower, Wuppertal

Comments
Post a Comment